Kylian Mbappe

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I said the other day, will be bitterly disappointed in Khaldoon and the board for not sanctioning this move. Shows a lack of vision which is surprising for such forward thinking owners. As for Guardiola, realistically he needs to decide what he's going to do. He doesn't want Sanchez to ask for a transfer or stop training, he wants to do a deal 'amicably' with Arsenal or not at all. Well it's going to be not at all Pep, so what now ?

A transfer window which has shown so much promise and addressed such huge issues in the squad is going to end with us undoing our own good work.
Is the PSG interest genuine? If not, then there's only City in this in which case we do not have to pay what Monaco ask.

As I said the other day, will be bitterly disappointed in Khaldoon and the board for not sanctioning this move. Shows a lack of vision which is surprising for such forward thinking owners. As for Guardiola, realistically he needs to decide what he's going to do. He doesn't want Sanchez to ask for a transfer or stop training, he wants to do a deal 'amicably' with Arsenal or not at all. Well it's going to be not at all Pep, so what now ?

A transfer window which has shown so much promise and addressed such huge issues in the squad is going to end with us undoing our own good work.

If we found that we were a player short, it doesn't mean we have ended up 'undoing our good work' it just means we haven't quite finished doing our 'good work'.

What we want, is an improvement on last season in the right direction. If we win stuff then it's already worked, if we don't, then just improve it some more.

Imo we are building a very special team, maybe something nobody has seen before. If we don't quite get there right now, it doesn't mean all the improvements count for nothing.

We are still goiing to need a centre back & a centre mid to get there anyhow, & it could just as easily be that, which causes us to miss out this season, rather than lack of another striker.

The whole job does not have to be done in this transfer window.

Could they just be having second thoughts about smashing the wage structure that was carefully put in place a couple of years ago - and for an 18 year old, however promising he is?

Have you heard that we're definitely not in for him then, Billy?

The whole job does not have to be done in this transfer window.

Totally agree. I also think we've done a great job in the players have brought in. Kudos to Txiki and Pep.

Notwithstanding that, 4 players for three key positions, where one of those 4 has a history of injuries suspensions, is the kind of risk you don't take when your chairman talks big about "don't congratulate me on third" and "we expect to win everything".

Have you heard that we're definitely not in for him then, Billy?

What I know is that City aren't prepared to pay Monaco's asking price. No issues with Mbappe's contract or his dad's %. So this is about principle for our owners and 'value' as they see it. Fair enough. They've done more than enough to earn the right to walk away from whatever deal they want. But for me, it's principled to a fault. A bit like Pep not wanting Sanchez to kick up a stink because he'd never want one of his own players doing that. Highly admirable and ethically great. But in the real world, UEFA hate us, we are panned on a daily basis for what we spend, and players are constantly agitating for moves around the globe.

Maybe the lad wants PSG. He's Parisian. His family live there. They are all PSG fans.

It's easy to say Khaldoon dropped the ball, but it's possible that we would have had to go even further to get him than potentially PSG would. The line has to be drawn somewhere.

Ultimately, I agree, we still lack that killer edge, but it's hard to look at the abundance of quality we brought in, essentially refitting our entire back line, and say that not getting Mbappe is undoing all our hard work.

What I know is that City aren't prepared to pay Monaco's asking price. No issues with Mbappe's contract or his dad's %. So this is about principle for our owners and 'value' as they see it. Fair enough. They've done more than enough to earn the right to walk away from whatever deal they want. But for me, it's principled to a fault. A bit like Pep not wanting Sanchez to kick up a stink because he'd never want one of his own players doing that. Highly admirable and ethically great. But in the real world, UEFA hate us, we are panned on a daily basis for what we spend, and players are constantly agitating for moves around the globe.
Well if there's only City in this, we'd be stupid to pay what Monaco want. Are we still in it as far as you know. It sounds like it would be very stupid to pull out when we are the only bidder at the table. Would you trust Le Parisien report? It is what we want to hear, but it sounds very logical and believable to me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.