It's Quiet - a new dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think after Fernandinho mouthed off about us buying a LB it's quite likely we'll be moving for Danny Rose.

As understudy to Mendy?. No way he'd be happy with that. Rags have all but tapped him, and his agent up, and were, no doubt, well aware of his wishes well before the newspaper article was published
[

As understudy to Mendy?. No way he'd be happy with that. Rags have all but tapped him, and his agent up, and were, no doubt, well aware of his wishes well before the newspaper article was published
[
If we're using 352, one of fullbacks can play as LCB, another as LWB. There are plenty of options.

[

Who said understudy? Back in the early Mancini days Kolarov and Gael split it 50/50.

I think our days of back ups are a thing of the past tbh. You think Danilo left Real to be understudy to Walker, or Bernardo came to be understudy to Dave? Think again. We're stacking this squad for a war on four fronts.

I think if Rose was looking at the rags we'd have heard much, much more from their side by now. On the flip side, Rose shares an agent with Walker, and mission 1 was to get the healthy player out. It'll be easier to get Spurs to sell an injured player.

United need a LB. He's made himself available. 60 million+ seals the deal IMO. Wouldn't surprise me if Levy actually organised the interview himself...

Who said understudy? Back in the early Mancini days Kolarov and Gael split it 50/50.

I think our days of back ups are a thing of the past tbh. You think Danilo left Real to be understudy to Walker, or Bernardo came to be understudy to Dave? Think again. We're stacking this squad for a war on four fronts.

I think if Rose was looking at the rags we'd have heard much, much more from their side by now. On the flip side, Rose shares an agent with Walker, and mission 1 was to get the healthy player out. It'll be easier to get Spurs to sell an injured player.

Mods! Ban hammer at the ready...someone is talking sense in the transfer forum

Can someone clarify what Pep said?

Everyone is reacting as if he said one or two more transfers this window but the quotes on page 2222 say in the next few years there will be 1, 2 new players etc.

Are these separate statements - meaning two more this window THEN only one or two in future years as we have now acquired a younger squad?

I hope you're right, because theŕe's no doubt Rose is a quality pĺayer (of which ýou can't have to many)
It was reported in the press, a couple of weeks back, that Pep had enquired about the possibility of signing him when the Walker deal was being finalised, but was told nothing doing by Levy, so perhaps we are going to ask again. For me, if we are running close to the wind in terms of ffp, I would rather we spent what's left on another striker, (even if it doesnt tùrn out to be Mbappe or Sanchez) as, regrettably, I can't see Sergio making it through the 1st 2/3 of the season without picking up an injury

Last edited:
Can someone clarify what Pep said?

Everyone is reacting as if he said one or two more transfers this window but the quotes on page 2222 say in the next few years there will be 1, 2 new players etc.

Are these separate statements - meaning two more this window THEN only one or two in future years as we have now acquired a younger squad?
I understood him to mean that there will be one òr two more this window, but only one or two more editions next year, rather than whatever number we end up addiñg this time around

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.