Kylian Mbappe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some really interesting arguments on both sides of the fence as to whether it's worth doing this deal. But i remain absolutely convinced that it's stupid to not pay Monaco's asking price and be done with it. Mbappe, potentially will be a forward who we can keep for a decade because of his age. I also think that the one thing which undermines a lot of the arguments about the depth of our attacking talent is that Sterling/Sane are simply not proven goal scorers and i'd argue neither is a natural finisher (although Sane is better than Raz). Also, the club's stated public aim is to be one of the biggest and most successful clubs in the world. We're nearly a decade into the 'project' and we're relative nobody's in the CL. That's because the players weren't good enough. Pep knows this.

Guardiola started this summer with the intention to end the window with 3 forward who have 25+ goals a season in them. He has two in Kun and Jesus.

I would love us to get this lad, but I cannot see us making any kind of bid, unless we manage to sell Nasri, Mangala, Bony & Delph.

Some really interesting arguments on both sides of the fence as to whether it's worth doing this deal. But i remain absolutely convinced that it's stupid to not pay Monaco's asking price and be done with it. Mbappe, potentially will be a forward who we can keep for a decade because of his age. I also think that the one thing which undermines a lot of the arguments about the depth of our attacking talent is that Sterling/Sane are simply not proven goal scorers and i'd argue neither is a natural finisher (although Sane is better than Raz). Also, the club's stated public aim is to be one of the biggest and most successful clubs in the world. We're nearly a decade into the 'project' and we're relative nobody's in the CL. That's because the players weren't good enough. Pep knows this.

Guardiola started this summer with the intention to end the window with 3 forward who have 25+ goals a season in them. He has two in Kun and Jesus.
for what it is worth, i think you are worrying prematurely.

the greatest of chess masters and generals of war know how to hold their nerve.
they rarely attack until they are certain of victory
(unless, of course, a sudden unexpected opportunity of success arises that naturally must be acted upon).

whether it's begiristain or soriano who is attending to this transfer,
experience in these matters, often very successful at that, assures their nerves will hold out.

haste got no man nowhere when engaged in bargaining.

three weeks is a very long time in a game of high-stakes poker.

It's an odd one of he has decided on PSG in some ways but not in others. They were a bit unlucky to go out of the champions league last season to one or two dubious decision's in the second leg. They have now signed Neymar and at eighteen he could stay in France, a country he is comfortable with and is home. He knows due to Monaco's team being decimated that winning the title for the next few years is a foregone conclusion and he will feel he has a good chance of winning the champions league. He can go to Madrid in five years or maybe less. Of course Pep, Mendy and Silva might swing it our way but the hard money appears to be PSG have it sewn up at the moment.

for what it is worth, i think you are worrying prematurely.

the greatest of chess masters and generals of war know how to hold their nerve.
they rarely attack until they are certain of victory
(unless, of course, a sudden unexpected opportunity of success arises that naturally must be acted upon).

whether it's begiristain or soriano who is attending to this transfer,
experience in these matters, often very successful at that, assures their nerves will hold out.

haste got no man nowhere when engaged in bargaining.

three weeks is a very long time in a game of high-stakes poker.

Absolutely, and if it turns out that this is some elaborate game of negotiation I'll doff my cap to the guys who run the club!

What's the latest on this, last I seen reporting was di marzio that PSG Are hoping to tie up a deal for Fabinho not Mbappe. Leaving Mbappe till next season..
Think it would suit everybody for it to happen next summer, but everyone is afraid of missing the chance and want to get in now. PSG could go this season with Neymar, Cavani, Di Maria, Madrid with Bale / Isco , Benzema and Ronaldo and us if we got Sanchez would be fine. Even the player and Monaco would probably benefit with one more season together.

Think it would suit everybody for it to happen next summer, but everyone is afraid of missing the chance and want to get in now. PSG could go this season with Neymar, Cavani, Di Maria, Madrid with Bale / Isco , Benzema and Ronaldo and us if we got Sanchez would be fine. Even the player and Monaco would probably benefit with one more season together.
The price will drop. Can you imagine paying 100m+ for a player with 1 year left on his contract?

The price will drop. Can you imagine paying 100m+ for a player with 1 year left on his contract?
If the teams bidding are PSg, Madrid and us, yes I can. In the end though it will come down to where the player wants to go most, thats the problem with waiting a year. Thats probably why clubs are in a bit of a quandry at the moment working out what they could or should spend on a player they dont really need yet.

If the teams bidding are PSg, Madrid and us, yes I can. In the end though it will come down to where the player wants to go most, thats the problem with waiting a year. Thats probably why clubs are in a bit of a quandry at the moment working out what they could or should spend on a player they dont really need yet.
PSG and Real Madrid are not bidding. At the moment it comes down to whether Monaco and City can agree a fee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.