Centre back options

Keeping Mangala for this season would be a great decision in my opinion. There will be certain matches and particular situations within matches that he will be useful. He also seems like a good professional and would accept his role as fourth choice.

If a CB that a) improves on who we have already or b) has the potential to be world class isn't available this summer then it is wise to wait until next year (or January if needs be) before spending a large amount on a player this summer who is neither of the above.

If we can bring in another attacking player (or two) before this deadline then next summer we can (hopefully) buy both a world class centre back and one or two holding/defensive midfielders/pivots (Weigl for me).

Keeping Mangala for this season would be a great decision in my opinion. There will be certain matches and particular situations within matches that he will be useful. He also seems like a good professional and would accept his role as fourth choice.

If a CB that a) improves on who we have already or b) has the potential to be world class isn't available this summer then it is wise to wait until next year (or January if needs be) before spending a large amount on a player this summer who is neither of the above.

If we can bring in another attacking player (or two) before this deadline then next summer we can (hopefully) buy both a world class centre back and one or two holding/defensive midfielders/pivots (Weigl for me).
I agree with the let's keep Mangala part. As 4th or 5th choice I have no problems with it.

I agree with the let's keep Mangala part. As 4th or 5th choice I have no problems with it.
Thing is centre back is two or three positions, if we play a back three and Kompany gets injured, (or either of the others) Fourth choice becomes 1st choice

Thing is centre back is two or three positions, if we play a back three and Kompany gets injured, (or either of the others) Fourth choice becomes 1st choice

I agree...would be the weak link in our back 4 (or back 3)....seems clearly Pep as no confidence in him and is only still here as no-one else is serious enough about signing him. He didnt fit Pep's plans last season and still doesnt. I think the only reason he stays, is if we saving CB money to sign a forward.

This thread will either have 2 more pages of 15 more pages later tonight depending on how things go later.

This thread will either have 2 more pages of 15 more pages later tonight depending on how things go later.

You bloody tease. Thought you knew something about a signing for a moment there until my brain clicked on.

You bloody tease. Thought you knew something about a signing for a moment there until my brain clicked on.
Haha didn't even think of how I worded that until just now. Would be pretty difficult to hear something early here in the US!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.