Alternative striker options

I think we do not need more strikers, it's not an immediate necessity .. the reinforcements to <future> should be an LB and in the midfield:
Fernandinho 32 years old - Yaya 34 years old - D.Silva 31 years old.
I would like to see if B.Silva could play the role of D.Silva.

I think we do not need more strikers, it's not an immediate necessity .. the reinforcements to <future> should be an LB and in the midfield:
Fernandinho 32 years old - Yaya 34 years old - D.Silva 31 years old.
I would like to see if B.Silva could play the role of D.Silva.

Welcome to the forum boss :-)

I fully agree, these players would be very nice to have but i could not say with a straight face "We really need a striker" when we have Aguero, Jesus and 2-3 of the worlds best attack minded mids/wingers etc.

I would imagine our big money transfers next season will be a couple of central midfielders who can patrol in front of the back four. Sadly, I'm still not convinced by Gundogan, and we've yet to see how he recovers from his ACL injury after his kneecap when we signed him. Then again, WHU are looking at Carvalho, so I wonder if we might put in a sneaky bid before the window closes.

I would imagine our big money transfers next season will be a couple of central midfielders who can patrol in front of the back four. Sadly, I'm still not convinced by Gundogan, and we've yet to see how he recovers from his ACL injury after his kneecap when we signed him. Then again, WHU are looking at Carvalho, so I wonder if we might put in a sneaky bid before the window closes.

If Gundogan can stay fit, and I understand it's somewhat of a big if, I think he'll be great for us. The Barca match last season he was unreal.

If Gundogan can stay fit, and I understand it's somewhat of a big if, I think he'll be great for us. The Barca match last season he was unreal.

Fingers and toes crossed. Saw a few good runs, but struggling to see where he fits in at pivot. Not his game.

Fingers and toes crossed. Saw a few good runs, but struggling to see where he fits in at pivot. Not his game.

He mentioned when he came over that he likes to play further up field, but with the talent in our squad I'd be surprised if he wasn't willing to fully commit to playing the pivot the way Pep wants. Our depth this season should ensure that the best players play.

He mentioned when he came over that he likes to play further up field, but with the talent in our squad I'd be surprised if he wasn't willing to fully commit to playing the pivot the way Pep wants. Our depth this season should ensure that the best players play.
Don't think he can do it like Yaya and Fernandinho, which is why we seem interested in Real Madrid's Llorente. Young, schooled, already played at top level, including internationally, but defo not a first choice for Madrid. Never a dull moment!

Don't think he can do it like Yaya and Fernandinho, which is why we seem interested in Real Madrid's Llorente. Young, schooled, already played at top level, including internationally, but defo not a first choice for Madrid. Never a dull moment!

I would absolutely love Llorente here but have you seen any actual links?

It's a resounding no from me for Llorente. Over 30, bang average Swansea striker, slow as fuck, poor first touch. May as well keep Bony! Would be a huge downgrade to the point of embarrassment if we get Llorente instead of Sanchez or Mbappe. Like going out intending to buy an Aston Martin or Ferrari and coming home in a Focus. How the media and rivals would laugh.

We just need to get Sanchez sorted out, or slap down proper money for Mbappe and tell PSG to go fuck themselves. Which, incidentally, I don't understand why we're not doing after missing out on Neymar and Dani Alves to those cünts. We need to show the football world who the real big dogs are.

It's a resounding no from me for Llorente. Over 30, bang average Swansea striker, slow as fuck, poor first touch. May as well keep Bony! Would be a huge downgrade to the point of embarrassment if we get Llorente instead of Sanchez or Mbappe. Like going out intending to buy an Aston Martin or Ferrari and coming home in a Focus. How the media and rivals would laugh.

I'm confused myself, but I think you're confusing Marcos with Fernando Llorente.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.