Bernardo Silva - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for starting this thread Ric!

Bernardo Silva is simply amazing. He's constantly on the move, always presenting himself open for a pass. When the ball comes to him - no matter how bad the pass - he controls it instantly. When pressed he hardly ever gives the ball away. And then, he delivers a killer pass.

As amazing as our midfield is - I think that Bernardo will force himself into our starting lineup - he's that good!

His fantastic combination of pace and ball control means he will be able to help us unlock stubborn defences like the one we faced on Saturday, IMHO.

Of course, it will probably take time for him to adapt to the tempo of the Premier League, as it does for most coming into the PL, but when he he has, opposing defenders will really have something to worry about.

Will become an indisputable starter very soon, think he's more suited to Pep's football than both Silva and KdB. Best transfer of this summer. But I think we'll need to wait a couple of months for him to get accustomed to a new (central) position and the system as a whole.

I was wondering what about his few minutes could warrant discussion. But I see it is just a general 'I think Bernado will be great' posts. Yeah fellas, we all do :P

Will become an indisputable starter very soon, think he's more suited to Pep's football than both Silva and KdB. Best transfer of this summer. But I think we'll need to wait a couple of months for him to get accustomed to a new (central) position and the system as a whole.

I don't agree with the last bit. Top players with real quality can adapt instantaneously, I'm expecting him to start Monday, and have a super game.

+1
As hard as it is to believe - I think that Bernardo will soon be recognized the best player in our squad; and this is taking nothing away from Silva/KDB/Jesus/Aguero - all of whom are fantastic. It's just that Bernardo is that good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.