Bernardo Silva - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's obviously going to be a great player, but looked a bit of an outsider tonight IMO. Looked like a brand new signing. Went for the same ball as KDB a couple of times, ended up getting in the way of someone else as well and then seemed to be very much on the periphery compared to Danilo and Sterling the other subs brought on to change the game.

Showed his quality with a couple of nice pieces of football and the great dribble into the box, but not ready to start IMO.

He's obviously going to be a great player, but looked a bit of an outsider tonight IMO. Looked like a brand new signing. Went for the same ball as KDB a couple of times, ended up getting in the way of someone else as well and then seemed to be very much on the periphery compared to Danilo and Sterling the other subs brought on to change the game.

Showed his quality with a couple of nice pieces of football and the great dribble into the box, but not ready to start IMO.

He looks like he could get lost in a game quite easily. I'm still putting that down to him not being 100% up to speed though. Has an insane amount of quality with the ball at his feet.

I am thinking the complete opposite, would rather we go back to 4 at the back and have him in to have another Silva on the pitch. Going for the same ball as KDB was just a product of not quite having the chemistry with him, but that doesn't develop unless they play with each other. Pep even mentioned last week that Bernardo and Sterling are dynamic players that he wants to sub on against tired legs with Sterlings sub actually working.

I just think Pep is wrong about using them against tired legs, he should go back to 4-3-3 to a 4-3-2-1 and get Raz, 2x Silva, Kevin on the pitch. Aguero and Jesus has a striker partnership isn't effective when teams just sit back, and the extra CB is not necessary either, Dinho as LB looked fine with Sane off and the back 4 allowed us to attack more even though we were down to 10 men, obviously attributed partially to the team's fighting spirit.

I like what I saw. Almost set up Silva at the very end if not for a great bit of defending.

promising performance, he just has that younger david silva look in him.

IMO he should be the 1st name on the Team sheet.

Pep should change the system to fit him or just let him start ahead of Jesus and play behind Aguero.

Looked brilliant when he came on. He and Sterling have just walked into the starting XI for the game vs Bournemouth in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.