Veganism

I can't tell you what to eat, not because I'm ignorant, but because I'm not an authoritarian presumptuous ****. It's not my place to tell anyone how to live their lives. Apparently it is yours.

I'd wager I'm as well read on the subject as yourself, I just don't agree with you and that's what it is upsetting you so much. That and me eating animals of course, but we both know that's not going to change.

You can keep calling nature fallacious all you like, I'll keep repeating it.

And yes, it's the vegan thread, what were you expecting? Mass lobotomies and everyone converting after you brow beat them into thinking they were evil?

Meat is natural, it's tasty, it's full of lovely vitamins and protein and it's not being remove from our diets in the lifetime of yourself or your pasty friends.

Ok Cromagnon. I'll be charitable. Perhaps you are as well read as I on the subject. But your ridiculous cognitive biases have rendered you incapable of gaining a proper prespective of what constitutes value here on Earth and indeed the universe.

As I already said. I don't post for you. I post in the hope that it may reach some people. Obstinate people such as yourself are beyond reasoning. You will still, as you have just said, use a fallacy. Well done you.

Ok Cromagnon. I'll be charitable. Perhaps you are as well read as I on the subject. But your ridiculous cognitive biases have rendered you incapable of gaining a proper prespective of what constitutes value here on Earth and indeed the universe.

As I already said. I don't post for you. I post in the hope that it may reach some people. Obstinate people such as yourself are beyond reasoning. You will still, as you have just said, use a fallacy. Well done you.

no, he's entitled to his own perspective of value and in the Universe, that is what meat-eating allowing us to be the apex predator, has afforded him. His own right to decide. You just have a particular obsession on what constitutes value and are hell-bent on driving it home on everyone, regardless of whether they really give a toss.

I can't tell you what to eat, not because I'm ignorant, but because I'm not an authoritarian presumptuous ****. It's not my place to tell anyone how to live their lives. Apparently it is yours.

I'd wager I'm as well read on the subject as yourself, I just don't agree with you and that's what it is upsetting you so much. That and me eating animals of course, but we both know that's not going to change.

You can keep calling nature fallacious all you like, I'll keep repeating it.

And yes, it's the vegan thread, what were you expecting? Mass lobotomies and everyone converting after you brow beat them into thinking they were evil?

Meat is natural, it's tasty, it's full of lovely vitamins and protein and it's not being remove from our diets in the lifetime of yourself or your pasty friends.

Moving away from the whole natural or unnatural debate, surely you have thoughts on the treatment, particularly the fear and torment leading up to slaughter??

That's my reasoning for going veggie. After getting a dog, it opened my eyes to the emotions and feelings of animals much more and although the killing itself is as "humane" as they can make it, the treatment leading up to that point is what I disagree with.

The panic and emotional turmoil we put the animals through is a disgrace and we have no right to do that, top of the food chain or not.

For many, this is the main reasoning and I don't see anyone offering a counter-argument to this.

i don't eat meat.
mrs down doesn't eat meat.
our reasons for not doing so are irrelevant,
we are both set in our ways,
but there is nothing worse than a non-meat-eater banging on about it.
ismists who spout self-righteously are nothing more than look-at-me-i'm-so-importantists.

no, he's entitled to his own perspective of value and in the Universe, that is what meat-eating allowing us to be the apex predator, has afforded him. His own right to decide. You just have a particular obsession on what constitutes value and are hell-bent on driving it home on everyone, regardless of whether they really give a toss.

It ain't getting any bigger pal.. but keep on sucking by all means.

Moving away from the whole natural or unnatural debate, surely you have thoughts on the treatment, particularly the fear and torment leading up to slaughter??

That's my reasoning for going veggie. After getting a dog, it opened my eyes to the emotions and feelings of animals much more and although the killing itself is as "humane" as they can make it, the treatment leading up to that point is what I disagree with.

The panic and emotional turmoil we put the animals through is a disgrace and we have no right to do that, top of the food chain or not.

For many, this is the main reasoning and I don't see anyone offering a counter-argument to this.

so what would you do with them then?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.