Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I'm in his place, I'm pulling a Diego Costa and staying in Chile. Summer is slowly approaching there. Arsenal fucked him and he should show them how wrong they were. His is a Chilean legend and will start for them regardless.
He is also a professional sportsman under contract - dont be so daft

Presumably because Arsenal weren't willing to negotiate until the final days of the window?

I agree Ric. I said before that I genuinely think Wenger wanted to keep the Ox, Sanchez and Ozil and in his delusion I think he thought he could get at least 2 of them to sign new contracts.

I think the implosion that was the Liverpool game opened his eyes, and after some harsh words and soul searching reality hit him, and that's when Arsenal became open to negotiation for wantaway players.

The Liverpool game opened up our end for selling, but ironically the manner of defeat made it harder for us to replace, so it became a catch 22 situation.

Its the only thing that makes sense. Many were saying Lacazette was the replacement, well if that was the case we just would have sold. Many said we were playing a game for our fans and waiting until we couldn't replace, again we would have just sold. Therefore I think its obvious it was kind of last minute, hence we would only sell if we could replace.

Im not sure it was a deliberate act of stringing along either. Don't underestimate how incompetent our transfer negotiation team are.

It would be a disaster, but much less so if we had landed Sanchez and a decent CB.

Sammy Lee said throughout the window that "Sanchez was our number one target".

I am sure many will try and put a positive spin on it but Pep must be disappointed. Our PL and CL rivals will be delighted.

Good management involves adequate planning against possible disaster scenarios, even if they are considered unlikely.

Maybe the club decided that it was Sanchez now or wait for Sanchez in Jan or next July. It wouldn't be the end of the world to get him a few months late for a vastly reduced fee.

I would have preferred to see us have some sort of realistic alternative though for this summer. I'd have exchanged Bony for Llorente.

I know he prized himself away from moves abroad and for that I truly am proud of him but if news that he is now gutted is anything to go by, then maybe he trusted Arsenal to do what was required a bit too much and as time ticked on I feel he could have done more to get Arsenal more decisive about getting a replacement as they were always going to drag their feet. I know he put up some behaviours that irked the club and his teammates but as time was drawing closer, he could have done a bit more to force Arsenal. Atimes he acted like a prick (e.g. the faking of sickness after his hols) and at other times he seemed like a professional so there was every reason why Arsenal would hold onto that glimmer of hope that he'll get over the sulking and play football for them. He could have seized every opportunity to quash any thoughts that he'll deliver for them on the pitch.
For me it was about city and arsenal. City did all they could bar up the bid to a figure they didn't believe fair value or give them Sterling,arsenal did what they needed to keep him. It would of been football suicide for them to sell him to us without at least getting a player of equal talent.
(De gea springs to mind, I expect they will spend like Utd have from now on.)
But I don't think Sanchez could of done anymore without tainting his achievements at arsenal with their fans.
We've slowly ruined arsenal tho, that makes me chuckle.

I agree Ric. I said before that I genuinely think Wenger wanted to keep the Ox, Sanchez and Ozil and in his delusion I think he thought he could get at least 2 of them to sign new contracts.

I think the implosion that was the Liverpool game opened his eyes, and after some harsh words and soul searching reality hit him, and that's when Arsenal became open to negotiation for wantaway players.

The Liverpool game opened up our end for selling, but ironically the manner of defeat made it harder for us to replace, so it became a catch 22 situation.

Its the only thing that makes sense. Many were saying Lacazette was the replacement, well if that was the case we just would have sold. Many said we were playing a game for our fans and waiting until we couldn't replace, again we would have just sold. Therefore I think its obvious it was kind of last minute, hence we would only sell if we could replace.

Im not sure it was a deliberate act of stringing along either. Don't underestimate how incompetent our transfer negotiation team are.

Pretty fair assessment but the only way it works out for Arsenal is if Sanchez has a brilliant season guiding Arsenal to the top 4. I can't see it though and it means Arsenal will have to replace Sanchez, possibly Ozil and Chamberlain next summer but without the £60m that Sanchez would have sold for.

Alves and now Sanchez, maybe the club needs to sit down and review how it handles its transfer business.
According to the Independent we were arrogant and sloppy in the way we went about this transfer, we thought he was just going to fall into our hands, they might have a point, it does seem as though there is a lazy malaise running through the powers that be running the club for the Sheikh both in their dealings with the media and running everything from the ticket office to transfer dealings, get it fucking sorted

According to the Independent we were arrogant and sloppy in the way we went about this transfer, we thought he was just going to fall into our hands, they might have a point, it does seem as though there is a lazy malaise running through the powers that be running the club for the Sheikh both in their dealings with the media and running everything from the ticket office to transfer dealings, get it fucking sorted
They have no point as they have no idea how we negotiate. Beggars belief how many buy the media narrative on here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.