Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
First point - I very much doubt it if Wenger is a happy bunny at all.
Speculative at best I'm afraid, we don't know how the negotiations were undertaken
Wenger has kept his team's best player from last season and has an excuse, (albeit a weak one), that they tried to act on Sanchez's wish to leave.

I am sure Wenger is unhappy with his side's abject performance against Liverpool but quietly he is probably thinking that the transfer window could have been a lot worse for Arsenal.

If Sammy Lee's information is correct we have failed to land Pep's number one target for this window. That alone will be good news for Wenger and Arsenal.

Going forward much will depend on Sanchez's attitude and professionalism.

I think we'll go back in for him in January. Whether or not Arsenal will sell is another matter, but they need to find a way to get Sanchez motivated again for the coming months. A gentleman's agreement that he can go in the next window if he gives his all would go some way to ensuring that.

Seems there was a 'gentlemans agreement' in place yesterday for him to come to us, just the Tarquins reneged on it. Doubt he'll trust them again.

I totally agree with you both. I think most Arsenal fans as well realised after Liverpool (if they didn't already think so) it would be best probably to start again. I don't think anything our board and negotiating team do surprise us now.

We are now left clinging on to the hope that somehow Wenger can pull everyone else together to at least muster a top 4 challenge, which to be fair, he has brought us back from the brink a few times in his tenure. If not it's been a shambles, both on the park and from a business point of view.

TBF, I rated Wenger for a long time and even wanted him here at one point. I also recall a former chairman of ours going to meet him just to discuss how Arsenal were run, when you looked like one of the models to follow. However, something has gone badly wrong and Wenger should have retired at the end of last season. No guarantees of course that the next manager will get it right but a rethink does appear to be needed; maybe time for the dreaded DoF ;-)

They have no point as they have no idea how we negotiate. Beggars belief how many buy the media narrative on here
I actually don't buy the media narrative, i use my own brain and i can see for myself that there is something wrong 'backstage'
Every Blue i know was texting and calling me and each other about how we were shaping up throughout this transfer, the common theme was we will fuck it up as NOBODY had any confidence in our backroom staff to get it over the line, the extensive Blue circles i move in have had this opinion about our staff for years, it's nothing new

Only Arsewipe can clutch defeat from the Jaws of victory in such spectacular fashion.
All the way through the summer Wenger was adamant that the club were standing firm and would not accept an offer for Sanchez. He could have come out of the window with some respect intact after sticking to his word for the first time. And then they go and fook it up big style by accepting an offer on the very last day of the window.

I used to think of them as the ideal model of a well run club but they have become an embarrassment.

Shame we have missed out for now but not long until January and we can all flap again.

I blame Txiki and Soriano to be honest, there's an entire summer there to secure the best forward in the league and they left it to the presumption that Arsenal are adequate.

We should have been quicker on higher bids which would have forced Alexis to hand his transfer request in earlier, thus allowing Arsenal more time to find a replacement.

Feels like the Van Persie summer where a key signing has cost us.

No doubt some of you will tell me to "man up" or that "we've got enough", the latter may be the case but we had a great chance to get a season defining player in their peak and fluffed it.

I actually don't buy the media narrative, i use my own brain and i can see for myself that there is something wrong 'backstage'
Every Blue i know was texting and calling me and each other about how we were shaping up throughout this transfer, the common theme was we will fuck it up as NOBODY had any confidence in our backroom staff to get it over the line, the extensive Blue circles i move in have had this opinion about our staff for years, it's nothing new

But you don't know any of them, what they actually do or how they actually do it. Just because your meticulously crafted think-tank have decided that our staff are inept that doesn't make it so. We should be very happy with how this window has gone but two failed transfers - one fucked up by the selling club and the other a result of a player going against his word - seem to have baited quite a few people into losing their shit.

I blame Txiki and Soriano to be honest, there's an entire summer there to secure the best forward in the league and they left it to the presumption that Arsenal are adequate.

We should have been quicker on higher bids which would have forced Alexis to hand his transfer request in earlier, thus allowing Arsenal more time to find a replacement.

Feels like the Van Persie summer where a key signing has cost us.

No doubt some of you will tell me to "man up" or that "we've got enough", the latter may be the case but we had a great chance to get a season defining player in their peak and fluffed it.

Come there's no point getting your arse over this, we only have to wait until January and he's ours if the rumours are true? From now on Sanchez does a Costa and refuses to play for them and stays in Chile. Then we offer to take Sanchez on loan with a small fee until the end of the season when we get him for free.

I am sure that we can manage until then and imagine the boost he will give us for the business end of the season?

(Arsenal fan - not here to mock)

Curious as to why this forum, and so many other City fans, are putting the blame in Arsenal's court.

Money isn't an issue for you guys so,presumably if you'd just bid enough a few months earlier you would have had him.
mock what ?????,you've got a player who doesn't want to play for you,its going to cost you £70,000,000 for the season, loose sanchez on a free then spend god knows how much to try and replace him,i reckon this has cost arsenal in the region of £200,000,000

we have an excellent squad ,would of been better with sanchez,you have a decent squad who most of the decent players want to leave ,we have a manager who most love at city who is forward thinking and up there imo with the best in the world,youve got wenger,our owners want to make us the best in the world,yours wants profit,

arsenal have been turned into a bit of a laughing stock ,Manchester city are feared.

not here to mock HAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.