Patrick Roberts - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know from all accounts I've ever heard, Roberts is a good lad with good intentions and a good work ethic, and he's never had a problem with anything at City (feel free to correct me if you've heard otherwise). Whilst I don't necessarily believe Celtic are the best place for him to be, I'm happy with the move nonetheless. At his age getting regular games will be to his benefit more than anything . Whilst obviously he could show more ambition, I don't think we should be holding it against him. At his age he's found a home from home, at a club with a huge fanbase. Maybe being a big fish in a smaller pond could do his confidence and mentality wonders.

I think he is better than Sterling, who is far too inconsistent for my liking. I'm glad obviously the powers at be don't agree down there.

pbLqP6H.jpg

url

Absolutely. Always thought he was overhyped at Liverpool too. He is too inconsistent. Can be brilliant then disappears. You never know which one will turn up.
Until Roberts gets a proper run in the Premier League, I think it is almost impossible to compare the two. Judging by how Sinclair does in the Scottish league, I am guessing that Sterling would look like Maradona if he played there. The only like for like comparison would be the CL and by and large Sterling has been very good in that competition with some absolutely stand out performances. I'm not trying to criticise Roberts btw, he looks decent enough and could go on to be anything but to say that Roberts is currently better than Sterling is ludicrous IMO.

Until Roberts gets a proper run in the Premier League, I think it is almost impossible to compare the two. Judging by how Sinclair does in the Scottish league, I am guessing that Sterling would look like Maradona if he played there. The only like for like comparison would be the CL and by and large Sterling has been very good in that competition with some absolutely stand out performances. I'm not trying to criticise Roberts btw, he looks decent enough and could go on to be anything but to say that Roberts is currently better than Sterling is ludicrous IMO.

I'm absolutely convinced he will prove to be better. Sterling is too inconsistent. That's his Achilles heel. You never know which player is turning up.

If you gave him a run like you did Sterling, Paddy would be first choice. Of that I have no doubt.

I'm absolutely convinced he will prove to be better. Sterling is too inconsistent. That's his Achilles heel. You never know which player is turning up.

If you gave him a run like you did Sterling, Paddy would be first choice. Of that I have no doubt.
I don't think Sterling is anywhere near as inconsistent as some people make out, of course he has some games that are better than others like most players but even when he's not on his game he always works hard to help out the full back and is rarely a wasted shirt IMO. Now someone like Sane is truly inconsistent, can look an absolute world beater or like a pub player on any given day. No idea how consistent Roberts would be if he was playing week in week out in the Premier League but I am pretty sure Sterling would be consistently brilliant if he was playing for Celtic in the league. Out of interest, how has Sinclair faired in that league compared to Roberts?

I don't think Sterling is anywhere near as inconsistent as some people make out, of course he has some games that are better than others like most players but even when he's not on his game he always works hard to help out the full back and is rarely a wasted shirt IMO. Now someone like Sane is truly inconsistent, can look an absolute world beater or like a pub player on any given day. No idea how consistent Roberts would be if he was playing week in week out in the Premier League but I am pretty sure Sterling would be consistently brilliant if he was playing for Celtic in the league. Out of interest, how has Sinclair faired in that league compared to Roberts?

Both have been brilliant. Sinclair started this term being a bit off his usual but has come on again.

As you know football is about confidence and belief and he has been given that up here. Both of them have. Paddy us a much better player now than when he came. His game has grown. He has toughened up. He works hard for the team, he has a sublime final ball, he can score goals. His dribbling can and does create space and being here has instilled the we need to win every game mentality, second is fuck all.

Both have played in the CL and shown they are players worthy of it. Sinclair didn't become a bad player, he was always class but lost his way. It happens. I am looking forward to this year with Paddy back as we can score against anyone.

Our CB berth, like yours is a weak link and I fear that this will come back and bite both our teams arses.

Both have been brilliant. Sinclair started this term being a bit off his usual but has come on again.

As you know football is about confidence and belief and he has been given that up here. Both of them have. Paddy us a much better player now than when he came. His game has grown. He has toughened up. He works hard for the team, he has a sublime final ball, he can score goals. His dribbling can and does create space and being here has instilled the we need to win every game mentality, second is fuck all.

Both have played in the CL and shown they are players worthy of it. Sinclair didn't become a bad player, he was always class but lost his way. It happens. I am looking forward to this year with Paddy back as we can score against anyone.

Our CB berth, like yours is a weak link and I fear that this will come back and bite both our teams arses.

Sinclair was never class mate, and still isn't. He's a good player but you're kidding yourself if you think he's any more than that.

Sterling would run amok in SPL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.