Patrick Roberts - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would be a great loan for him. I'd also imagine that depending on how he does and what the squad looks like in a year's time, we'll have an idea if he's to stay at the club or sold.

Why the fuck would we send him back to celtic on loan

Rather get him guarenteed game time especially if Celtic get into CL rather than run the risk of him being on the bench elsewhere. Hes only 20 it will do him no harm at all going back to Celtic.

Lets be honest he hasn't been given a proper chance at City so how will anyone ever know if Celtic has been a good loan or not if he doesn't even get opportunities. Exact same thing happened to Denayer, he should of been given an oppertunity after a very good season at Celtic but instead he got loaned somewhere else which apparently was better for him and now hes nowhere.

Rather get him guarenteed game time especially if Celtic get into CL rather than run the risk of him being on the bench elsewhere. Hes only 20 it will do him no harm at all going back to Celtic.

Lets be honest he hasn't been given a proper chance at City so how will anyone ever know if Celtic has been a good loan or not if he doesn't even get opportunities. Exact same thing happened to Denayer, he should of been given an oppertunity after a very good season at Celtic but instead he got loaned somewhere else which apparently was better for him and now hes nowhere.
Putting aside my own genuine dislike for Celtic and their fans I cant understand what we would gain from sending him out on loan to them again.We know he will rip apart that league and then he will return and we will be in the exact same position as we are right now. If the club genuine see him as a possible future player then he needs a prem loan or at least to a decent league like France.

Putting aside my own genuine dislike for Celtic and their fans I cant understand what we would gain from sending him out on loan to them again.We know he will rip apart that league and then he will return and we will be in the exact same position as we are right now. If the club genuine see him as a possible future player then he needs a prem loan or at least to a decent league like France.

If he goes there, he aint coming back.

Sending him to Celtic would be him completely stalling in his career. He's done that, he needs to keep moving forwards. Nice or Southampton would be huge move forwards, they are clubs where he could prove something and show that he belongs here. Going to Celtic would just be a cowardly move by him tbh, nothing to prove just an easy, comfortable environment where he knows it'll be easy.

Patrick needs to realise that if he wants to step up to our first team he is going to have to show his mettle in the premier. Going back on loan to the scottish league will not do him any favours. You would think that Patrick would know this !!!

I understand he feels comfortable there, but if he were to go Southampton and prove it there this season....it will do him a greater service. Disappointed that celtic is his preferred destination

Man, if the rumours are true, what is wrong with this kid.

Does he not want to properly advance his development and career?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.