The Boxing thread

Well lets get this tread back onto the boxing topic not the McGregor and Mayweather fight again.

Little bits of news Frampton will be getting trained by Jamie Moore now. Not too sure what I see in that move Moore is a decent trainer but by no means a elite top level trainer. So bit of a surprise decision to go with Moore when there were more than likely better options for him out there. With him sorting out his trainer he will no doubt be trying to sort out a deal next with either Eddie Hearn or Frank Warren. He gave his reasons why he split from Barry saying that he only moved on from McGugian so he can get the big fights. This will be his last major deal he can sign. Saying he wants the big fights. So if that means he goes to the US full time or get back with Matchroom which wouldnt shock me. I honestly think he gets in with Matchroom again he could be fighing on the card in Belfast in a few weeks time. That card is looking good at the moment.

AJ V Pulev honestly dont know what to say the PPV for this fight is a scandal. His only PPV fights are Tyson Fury , Joe Parker and Wilder now fighting a mandatory is not PPV standard or worthy. I do wonder what and why some people buy the AJ PPVs now. The card will want to be stacked to make this a worthwhile buy.

At least this month there is a few really good fights on. The card this weekend from America has the 2 Super Flyweight champions fighting and they are up against really good fighters this could well be a great night of fast paced action.
Then you got GGG V Canelo in 2 weeks time that will be a very good fight.
Finally Linares v Luke Campbell I like Luke Campbell a lot rate him extremely highly the guy has the talent and I wouldnt be shocked to see Campbell getting the win out in California.

Good domestic card in Dublin at the wkd. The real fun starts the week after, it's been a long time coming.

Fair play to McGregor, comes across as a clown but a wealthy one. Was never going to beat Floyd, at a taxi rank maybe, but not in a boxing ring.

Hate all the " I've got the best trainer in the world, he's perfect for me, we just have a connection " bollocks then they lose....change trainer. New trainer is great, teaching me new things and more bollocks, then they lose again and guess what....yep change trainers
Don't know how many times I've heard it

Good domestic card in Dublin at the wkd. The real fun starts the week after, it's been a long time coming.

Fair play to McGregor, comes across as a clown but a wealthy one. Was never going to beat Floyd, at a taxi rank maybe, but not in a boxing ring.

That card in Dublin aint that great a lot of debuts was offered tickets to it but apart from Eric Donovan aka Lillywhite Lightening there is no one on it worth a look at. I think there is not even 1 50-50 fight on the card which is a shame. Saying that I think a lot are gearing up for the Belfast show.

That Burnett show has a real classic Paul Hyland Jnr v Stephen Ormond could well be the fight of the night. Tyrone McKenna v Tommy Coyle will be another good fight.
They also got a few bangers on the card with James Tennyson and Tommy McCarthy also feel that a surprise addition of Carl Frampton could be added too.

GGG all the way for me. It kind of reminds me of the Joe Calzaghe fight with Jeff Lacy. A lot people saying Joe had a padded record fought no one major. But GGG is an amazing fighter that will be too smart for Canelo he can easy box him or bang him out in my opinion.

GGG all the way for me. It kind of reminds me of the Joe Calzaghe fight with Jeff Lacy. A lot people saying Joe had a padded record fought no one major. But GGG is an amazing fighter that will be too smart for Canelo he can easy box him or bang him out in my opinion.

Canelo is technically very skilled, but for me GGG is very underrated in terms of his boxing IQ. People just have him down as a banger, but the way he stalks you and cuts the ring off is second to none, he sets brilliant traps.

Interesting to hear Martin Murray say it doesn't feel like massive one punch power from GGG, it's just the power he has in each hand on both the front and back foot.

I think Canelo will start well, but GGG to win by tko in 8 or 9.

The Roman Gonzalez card this weekend is potentially card of the year. All 3 fights are top class. Don't get the attention they deserve at the lower weights though.

That card in Dublin aint that great a lot of debuts was offered tickets to it but apart from Eric Donovan aka Lillywhite Lightening there is no one on it worth a look at. I think there is not even 1 50-50 fight on the card which is a shame. Saying that I think a lot are gearing up for the Belfast show.

That Burnett show has a real classic Paul Hyland Jnr v Stephen Ormond could well be the fight of the night. Tyrone McKenna v Tommy Coyle will be another good fight.
They also got a few bangers on the card with James Tennyson and Tommy McCarthy also feel that a surprise addition of Carl Frampton could be added too.

There's about 15 fights on the card so hopefully a few good scraps for the punters. Looking forward to Liam smith and Williams again, great first fight.
Canelo looks big and ripped with the latest pics he's posted. Not always a good sign as some are saying.

I heard the Dublin Card went well and Eric Donovan looked good.

As for the Sky card this weekend people complaining that boxing was dead just look at that card. A great 3 fights on that card that they showcased on sky at Super Flyweight. The card had 3 all action fights. Inoue looked amazing so much power could well move up the weights if he powers goes up the weight with him. Sor Rungvisai destroying Gonzalez wow what a display by him. I would love to see Inoue v Sor Rungvisai would be the best fight in the Super Flyweight and would be the fight that will tell us who the best is in the world right now.

I heard the Dublin Card went well and Eric Donovan looked good.

As for the Sky card this weekend people complaining that boxing was dead just look at that card. A great 3 fights on that card that they showcased on sky at Super Flyweight. The card had 3 all action fights. Inoue looked amazing so much power could well move up the weights if he powers goes up the weight with him. Sor Rungvisai destroying Gonzalez wow what a display by him. I would love to see Inoue v Sor Rungvisai would be the best fight in the Super Flyweight and would be the fight that will tell us who the best is in the world right now.

Gutted for Gonzalez, but realistically he has never looked big enough at super-fly. He should probably look at dropping back down, or if he feels that he has nothing left to achieve at the lower weights, maybe even call it a day. Would prefer to see him go out with a win though, has been a sensational fighter.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.