Feyenoord(A) - Post Match Thread

That's part of being a Feyenoord fan, staying till the end even when suffering. You guys were a class act as well (in the city and in the stadium) can't wait to go to the eithad on the 21st (however we'll likely suffer another defeat without any chanches haha)
Thank you..I'm glad our fans made Manchester proud in your city..your fans are most welcome in the blue half of Manchester and good luck for the rest of the campaign.

Now I enjoyed that one. Perfect start of the game to gain total control, silence the stadium and kept us singing while watching the ball goes around. Not much of a contest to made me think it's been a while since I visited a Citymatch where I could actually relax a bit.

Two home games coming up and if we are the serious contenders everybody says we are (and we are), we should take maximum points to get us fully on our way for qualification.

KdB was magnificent next to many with really great performances on the night.

I wouldn't underestimate Shakhtar at all. I was listening to some European football "expert" on the radio after the draw had been made and he was absolutely raving about Shakhtar, said they are real dark horses and had every chance of getting out of this group ahead of Napoli. Not sure who he was and he could have been talking shit but he seemed to know a lot about them and seemed to really rate them.

Don't tend to travel well though do they from memory.

Bernardo was genius, the flicks when trapped for space were amazing, he's gonna be the future for sure, kdb growing every game into the perfect player, a shit team put to the sword and as for that defender on the line, wow.

Hmmm. Not sure about Bernardo. He's a cracking player, technically gifted, but I wasn't hugely impressed with his use of the ball last night. I suspect that is just a question of him getting used to Pep's system and the way we play. I think he will be an important player for us in the future, but for now I don't think he will start as many games as perhaps he would have hoped for.

Great performance and result.
Ground is a shithole and their famous so called atmosphere dissappears if you score early on.
Loved the faces of their fans when the City fans ripped them a new one all game.

This is one of the most obnoxious posts I've seen on here for a while. At 4-0 the Feyenoord fans could still be heard, and as someone who works in an office full of Feyenoord fans, they have had nothing but praise for us today. One of them even said he'll be watching more City games from now on because we played some of the best football he's ever seen.

I see no reason for you to act like that toward their fans, they were welcoming and they created a fantastic atmosphere. There are also worse grounds in the premier league, and that's where all the money is. As far as Dutch grounds go, this is one of the better ones. Not all national leagues are as fortunate as we are.

This is one of the most obnoxious posts I've seen on here for a while. At 4-0 the Feyenoord fans could still be heard, and as someone who works in an office full of Feyenoord fans, they have had nothing but praise for us today. One of them even said he'll be watching more City games from now on because we played some of the best football he's ever seen.

I see no reason for you to act like that toward their fans, they were welcoming and they created a fantastic atmosphere. There are also worse grounds in the premier league, and that's where all the money is. As far as Dutch grounds go, this is one of the better ones. Not all national leagues are as fortunate as we are.
The ground is a shithole.Fact.
Their fans on the whole were quiet.Fact.
Deal with it.

Hmmm. Not sure about Bernardo. He's a cracking player, technically gifted, but I wasn't hugely impressed with his use of the ball last night. I suspect that is just a question of him getting used to Pep's system and the way we play. I think he will be an important player for us in the future, but for now I don't think he will start as many games as perhaps he would have hoped for.

I agree, I'm not sure the other players are entirely on his wavelength yet.

I found the Feyenoord fans to be a friendly bunch in the pub pre match. They also got a bit of noise going on the tram up to the stadium & the atmosphere was superb, but understandably became a tad subdued after our early goals.
I'd gladly go for a few pints in Manchester with some of the visiting fans prior to the return leg.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.