Paternity test faked - advice

Thaksins Love Child

Hoping for some advice from someone who has had a similar situation. This might be quite unique so failing that maybe there is someone with some legal background.

A few years ago my missus at the time got pregnant. Shortly after we split up (nutcase) then within weeks she was seeing someone else. She was asking me to walk away and let them bring up the baby but I wasn't having any of it. She then dropped the bombshell that I was unlikely to be the Dad as she was seeing this other guy behind my back.

Once the baby was born I insisted on a DNA test which we did and it came back that I was not the father.

I've been contacted recently by the now ex fella claiming that she faked the DNA test (she would not let me witness it) and that it couldn't have been his kid as she was already pregnant when he started to see her which is news to me. So it appears I have a child I only met twice within days of birth before the test was done. He could also be making all this up, not sure why but I clearly need to know either way.

What do I do next? Clearly I need to get a legally binding test done then assuming that comes back go through the process of agreeing what happens next.

Should I speak to a Solicitor first or make contact with her and see how that goes? I would expect her to refuse then be difficult throughout all of this.

Is there a legal angle to this? Ie her ex has said he is happy to speak to the Police even though this will probably land him in trouble too. I don’t know if I would go down this route anyway but would be good to know where I stand.

Any advice appreciated.

Why are you assuming she would be difficult? contact her and go from there,if you need to force the issue then get advice from a solicitor,if you go all aggressive she won't let you see the kid anyway,stay cool

Why are you assuming she would be difficult? contact her and go from there,if you need to force the issue then get advice from a solicitor,if you go all aggressive she won't let you see the kid anyway,stay cool
Trust me she will. She's faked this test and deprived a child of a father for no justified reason. The ex also has a kid with her and he's having access issues. I don't believe she will stick to anything we agree between us so at least if it's done in Court then I have that to back me up.

Trust me she will. She's faked this test and deprived a child of a father for no justified reason. The ex also has a kid with her and he's having access issues. I don't believe she will stick to anything we agree between us so at least if it's done in Court then I have that to back me up.
You are believing her ex who has an axe to grind,go about this the right way and in the correct order,she deserves the right to reply to what might be a lie,if she becomes difficult then the solicitor is the next step
Don't go in all guns blazing calling her a liar because she will not take that well at all,do it the calm right way

People are strange.

Citizens Advice and or Solicitor should be your first port of call.

Keep contact between all parties civil so you can keep the channels of communication open.

And most of all, good luck.

Could be that this new guy, now an ex as well, is trying to get out of maintenance payments so is trying to claim that one of the kids is yours. Perhaps, maybe.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.