Watford (a) post-match

Everything is gelling.

A confident goalie steadies any defence.
Chances increased via attacking fast full backs.
Strikers hitting the target more often.
Every player knows that Peps possession game generates goals.
Tackling back when possession lost now intuitive with all players.

I'm confident that the parking the bus teams will find little to defend other than keeping the score below 4.
I am of course getting carried away with this weeks euphoria and ignoring the City Factor but fingers crossed.
This week we've played a team that tried to stand up to us, a team that put 11 behind the ball, and a team that tried to bully us and threaten us on the break.

15-0. I think you're allowed to get carried away :)

Passing it at the back is just the same as passing it anywhere else on the pitch.

We don't panic when the ball is higher up the field so why at the back.

Anxiety in a crowd can sometimes get to the players. We as fans need to relax a little
There was a passage of play in the first half where it looked really risky but some excellent calm passing and movement between Ederson, Ferd and Stones led to a really rapid counter attack when they whipped it out to Mendy.

It's ok, mate — I just wanted to clarify that I didn't agree with that line of thought, either, whomever asserted it. There are "purists" that believe unless you are a current seasoncard holder you don't really have a valid view point (i.e. if you don't watch our players week in, week out, in person, in pissing rain, from the Colin Bell stand, whilst eating cold pies, you can't really know anything) but I've never been one of them, even when I had a seasoncard, a trusty raincoat, and a penchant for frozen ground meat. Then again, that might be down to us being shite for that formative period of my life; when you're watching the likes of Danny Tiatto and Paulo Wanchope amble around the pitch, whilst your favourite players are being bundled to London just to keep the club afloat, and you get giddy when Keegan signs Vicente Mathias ****ing Vuoso, your perspective has a tendency of developing differently.

My view is that all blues opinions are worthy of consideration... until they've proven themselves to be rags, of course. ;-)
Tiatto didn't 'amble' around the pitch.

However, your sentiments about fan's opinions/views are spot on.

Lad stood near us yesterday just thinks sterling is shit

Amazing really
Must admit watching it live I didn't think he had a particularly good game but got home and watched a rerun of the game and actually thought he had a decent game.

Tiatto didn't 'amble' around the pitch.

However, your sentiments about fan's opinions/views are spot on.
You've obviously purged your memory of the Charlton, Leeds, and Arsenal maulings from the turn of the millennium. Perhaps "meander" would be more fitting for Amadeo.

Jokes aside, and I've debated this with many a supporter over the years, I do think blues in general overestimated Danny's quality based on comparative bias (that is, he was much better than most of our other players for our stints in the lower divisions, hence the POTY honours, so seemed to be much better than he actually was). Once we got back to the Premier League, he didn't fair that well, which is the crux of my final assessment. That's opposed to a player like Dunne, who I think we valued correctly and deserved all the plaudits he received. Still, he is a part of our history so I respect the contributions of him, Paulo, Alf... even Dickson, if I'm honest. Vuoso—the poor man's Castillo—will never have my respect, though.

All of that said, I am genuinely excited to see where our current team takes us. We are already at heights I could have never dreamed of back when I was 16 and miserable.

Possibly the best 90 minutes I've ever seen from a City team. Fantastic to start like that after playing away in the CL on Wednesday. We have usually started very leggy after midweek games in the past. It was the hunger in the team that caught my eye. Let's hope we can keep that going. The players are now moving in all areas when we're trying to play out and so the defenders are not on the back foot like they were very noticeably most of last season. Great player though he is, not having to dance to Toure's rather slow tune makes a huge difference. And maybe Moss doing his job properly last week was the little break that a team sometimes needs to make a leap forward. Big strong team Watford and they've pushed us around physically before but not this time. They were whinging a bit about coming off second best at it, along with their fans.
Watford fans favourite and most used chant of the day......."Handball ! "

Fantastic all round performance, with great levels of desire throughout

As an aside, and sorry if mentioned before, but how funny was it that Sergio beats about four players, before scoring brilliantly from an acute angle, then Raheem misses an empty net from the edge of the box whilst trying to pop the ball back in again during the celebrations?

10 out of 10 performances. Can't wait for the next game. Haven't been this excited in years

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.