Alternative striker options

I think we could struggle if (and it's not completely impossible) both Aguero and Gabriel are unavailable for any games after the next transfer window. I know Pep doesn't like traditional strikers, but we will struggle even with all the attacking talent we have as there are not many goals there. Llorente could have been ideal.

I think we could struggle if (and it's not completely impossible) both Aguero and Gabriel are unavailable for any games after the next transfer window. I know Pep doesn't like traditional strikers, but we will struggle even with all the attacking talent we have as there are not many goals there. Llorente could have been ideal.

I agree, it would be a problem if we lost them both, but where do you draw the line? Every single club in the league would struggle if they lost their two best strikers. How many are we supposed to stockpile just in case? A lot of our fans believe we're thin on the ground up front but I think we have more options than anyone else in the league. Take Morata off Chelsea, Lukaka off united, Kane away from Spurs. It leaves them with a lot less than us.

I agree, it would be a problem if we lost them both, but where do you draw the line? Every single club in the league would struggle if they lost their two best strikers. How many are we supposed to stockpile just in case? A lot of our fans believe we're thin on the ground up front but I think we have more options than anyone else in the league. Take Morata off Chelsea, Lukaka off united, Kane away from Spurs. It leaves them with a lot less than us.

If we lost both of them, we can still play Sane or Sterling upfront.

If we lost both of them, we can still play Sane or Sterling upfront.
That's what I think too. The idea we're short on options up front just isn't true. Those two are a great back up in the event we were down to third or fourth choice strikers.

That's what I think too. The idea we're short on options up front just isn't true. Those two are a great back up in the event we were down to third or fourth choice strikers.

And Sterling would need at least five chances to score, I wouldn't be very confident with him upfront.

And Sterling would need at least five chances to score, I wouldn't be very confident with him upfront.

We're talking about him as a fourth choice in extreme circumstances and he's scored his fair share so far this season.. He does miss chances but the flip side of that is that through his good movement he has a knack for finding himself in a lot of goalscoring positions.

Is the young lad from red bull Leipzig good?
Liverpool and Madrid linked

Timo Werner is a fantastic young striker. Firmino isn't bad but Liverpool are probably weakest of the top 6 when it comes to that position so not surprised with that link.

Timo Werner is a fantastic young striker. Firmino isn't bad but Liverpool are probably weakest of the top 6 when it comes to that position so not surprised with that link.

Timo Werner had to be substituted from the Besiktas game because he couldn't handle the noise. They haven't said if he has a condition or if it was something else.

Timo Werner had to be substituted from the Besiktas game because he couldn't handle the noise. They haven't said if he has a condition or if it was something else.
He'll be ok playing for us then

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.