Alternative striker options

I doubt he hated lewandowski.
I also doubt that he reckoned the squad he trained at Bayern as perfect. Don't think Guardiola is going to play with a pure 9 having unlimited resources and freedom of choice, it contradicts his basic approach to attack. Even Mandzukic was forced to drift to wings under him.

Similar players, up to personal opinion who's better though. But both are talented and could do with some better manager and club.

Martial is getting his career ruined completely at the moment though.
Agree, matter of taste. I like Martial's ball control first and foremost.

I also doubt that he reckoned the squad he trained at Bayern as perfect. Don't think Guardiola is going to play with a pure 9 having unlimited resources and freedom of choice, it contradicts his basic approach to attack. Even Mandzukic was forced to drift to wings under him.

He's wrong then imo. He won't replicate Barcelona ever again and there are no many clinical AM's and wingers out there. Creativity is great but on the end of the attack you need someone who is used at putting it into the net.

He's wrong then imo. He won't replicate Barcelona ever again and there are no many clinical AM's and wingers out there. Creativity is great but on the end of the attack you need someone who is used at putting it into the net.
That's why he's got Jesus and is pursuing Alexis and Mbappe - all are hybrid forwards/wingers that can interchange and eliminate any reference points for the opposition. All are clinical.

And you're spot on - there's no many alternatives for the above mentioned.

I would have taken Andre Gray for 18m if her was prepared to be on the bench the majority of the time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.