Rabbi Matondo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scored a hatrick,a few days back,versus Sunderland.

While he is slightly older,hopefully he is well on his way to cushioning the blow of losing Sancho.

How do the two compare in your opinion?

Matondo and Sancho are quite different but both fantastic. Sancho is impossibly technical - has this almost futsal style to him. Ball sticking to his feet, impeccably gifted in that sense. Matondo is a lot more direct but still has an immense ability to just glide people as if they're not there. He's absolutely fucking lightning quick and he's a real finisher too. Terrifying pace. A little Robben like I guess, but he's right footed and tends to play on the right. The best comparison I can think of is Sterling with finishing and even more self belief dribbling. Sancho may be slightly more gifted technically, but Matondo is defo as productive and could even be more effective in the long run. Time will tell. Both brilliant though.

glad he is getting good reviews. any chance of him breaking into the first team?

Every time i watch Matt Smith play I can't help but think of a young lad who could very easily mould himself into a Fernandinho type. Given his age he's a little way off, but don't see any reason why he couldn't force his way into contention as a debutant potential next season maybe. I'd suspect he'd go on loan first (and impress too - the kind of lad that never really has a bad game). He'll have a very good career in football as he can basically do a bit of everything technically. A proper complete box to box player with a lovely tendency for a breaking the lines pass.

Brilliant,i thought the opposite.Cheers

Yep, Sancho turned 17 in March, Matondo turned 17 last month.

Matondo and Sancho are quite different but both fantastic. Sancho is impossibly technical - has this almost futsal style to him. Ball sticking to his feet, impeccably gifted in that sense. Matondo is a lot more direct but still has an immense ability to just glide people as if they're not there. He's absolutely fucking lightning quick and he's a real finisher too. Terrifying pace. A little Robben like I guess, but he's right footed and tends to play on the right. The best comparison I can think of is Sterling with finishing and even more self belief dribbling. Sancho may be slightly more gifted technically, but Matondo is defo as productive and could even be more effective in the long run. Time will tell. Both brilliant though.

Every time i watch Matt Smith play I can't help but think of a young lad who could very easily mould himself into a Fernandinho type. Given his age he's a little way off, but don't see any reason why he couldn't force his way into contention as a debutant potential next season maybe. I'd suspect he'd go on loan first (and impress too - the kind of lad that never really has a bad game). He'll have a very good career in football as he can basically do a bit of everything technically. A proper complete box to box player with a lovely tendency for a breaking the lines pass.

Yep, Sancho turned 17 in March, Matondo turned 17 last month.
Agree with all this. Just want to add that City pretty much have these phenomenal talents at every level, and while we will moan and woman when we lose someone (like Sancho), ultimately it doesn't do us much harm since these kind of talents show up every year or so all over the place, City just needs to find a way to integrate them and hopefully Foden and Diaz are the start of that.

Besides that, what are your opinions on our DM situation? Seems like we are sticking with 4-3-3 and we only have Dinho and Toure (whose relegated to cup games) this season and are both very old. Some people are looking at players to bring in (like Weigl) but I think some combination of A. Garcia, D. Luiz from Girona and Matt Smith for our DM position should work perfectly for the next 10 years. That's my hope anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.