Patrick Roberts - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sterling a superstar it’s just the media been working on how piss poor he is and gets no credit what’s so ever.

Listening to talkSradio last night a reporter was on talking about the England game they asked him who is world class in the England side he mentioned Kane and then sterling he got ridiculed but then said he gets in the city side pep picks him and highly rates him. Like said the media done a number on Sterling and credit to him for not letting his head drop.
I take your point re Sterling.andi agree with you re media.
But Sterling was already in the england set up,very very quickly after breaking into the liverpool side.
Liverpool and utd,and it would appear spurs youngsters straight into england squads as soon as they can walk.

I take your point re Sterling.andi agree with you re media.
But Sterling was already in the england set up,very very quickly after breaking into the liverpool side.
Liverpool and utd,and it would appear spurs youngsters straight into england squads as soon as they can walk.
Some other young players get in early.
Micah did when he was at City.
Rooney did at Everton, as did Stones & Barkley from memory.

Some other young players get in early.
Micah did when he was at City.
Rooney did at Everton, as did Stones & Barkley from memory.
Yeah...all a long time ago tho...
Would like to know from others if they think Roberts could have improved that mid week performance from England.
I think he could of.He might not be able to break into our first team but the lad is playing champions leaguefootball ..

Yeah...all a long time ago tho...
Would like to know from others if they think Roberts could have improved that mid week performance from England.
I think he could of.He might not be able to break into our first team but the lad is playing champions leaguefootball ..
Bit doubtful myself, he may be a better than the Ox, I don't know, Ox certainly seems to be having a bit of a crisis of confidence, but all the players seem to be underperforming and he lack of quality in central midfield doesn't help.
I suspect the management is a big problem.

I don't understand why he wasn't picked for England U21 !

It seems he’s been punished for not going to the U20 World Cup. Boothroyd was on Talksport the other day and gave a complete bullshit excuse that Harrison was picked over Roberts as Harrison had played more football this season. Unfortunately the presenters didn’t ask him why Lookman, Cook and Maitland-Niles were picked when all of them gave barely played this season.

Bit doubtful myself, he may be a better than the Ox, I don't know, Ox certainly seems to be having a bit of a crisis of confidence, but all the players seem to be underperforming and he lack of quality in central midfield doesn't help.
I suspect the management is a big problem.
The ox confidence crisis is understandable...any multi million pound footballer making their debut in a 5nil loss would struggle to come back from that,live on tv,thats got to hurt.As far as his performances this season generally i haven't seen enough of the ox to form any view if Roberts could have been a better pick...
Did the ox play central or wide Thurs night? Never been over impresssed with him,anti arsenal bias aside,as he just looked a fast ,'nice' footballer type,the sort arsenal produce all day long.
But i would very much doubt that champions league playing Roberts would have weakened the england side if selected in place of chamberlain...on the right side of the attack.

Would still genuinely like to hear from someone who has watched Roberts regularly this season,weather he would have improved englands performance last week...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.