Patrick Roberts - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sinclair was never class mate, and still isn't. He's a good player but you're kidding yourself if you think he's any more than that.

Sterling would run amok in SPL.

Let's see how he performs in the CL. I think you're being harsh, as you do me about my view of Sterling.

As for running amok up here? Maybe, but he's down there and if he's as good as you think he should be doing it there too. The fact he was being considered in a swap for Sanchez, tells me, if it's true, might be a load of shite, but if it is true, that the powers at be could see a future without him.

Was the swap thing true or paper talk.

Both have been brilliant. Sinclair started this term being a bit off his usual but has come on again.

As you know football is about confidence and belief and he has been given that up here. Both of them have. Paddy us a much better player now than when he came. His game has grown. He has toughened up. He works hard for the team, he has a sublime final ball, he can score goals. His dribbling can and does create space and being here has instilled the we need to win every game mentality, second is fuck all.

Both have played in the CL and shown they are players worthy of it. Sinclair didn't become a bad player, he was always class but lost his way. It happens. I am looking forward to this year with Paddy back as we can score against anyone.

Our CB berth, like yours is a weak link and I fear that this will come back and bite both our teams arses.
I don't think Sinclair was ever a very good player at Premier League level. I'm not judging him on his time at City, I actually thought he wasn't given anywhere near enough of a chance with us, but I'd say over his career it's fair to say he was a very decent player at Championship level but has always been pretty much bang average in the Premier League. Sinclair has never operated at anywhere near the level Sterling does in the English Prem. Can you imagine what Sterling would look like playing for Celtic in that league?

And this is my point really, Sinclair is an average Prem player but is possibly the best player in the Scottish league. You can't take form in the Scottish Prem and say with any kind of certainty that it will be anywhere near replicated in the English prem. That's not to say that it can't be or that you are definitely wrong, maybe Roberts is currently better than Sterling and would be more consistent if he had been given a run with us this season but I don't think you can say that with any certainty at all, it is pure conjecture.

VVD was good for you and has looked really good for Southampton, Denayer looked good for you and has completely floundered since. I think it is impossible to say how well Roberts would do until he gets that run. I agree he is worth his chance and I'm sad that we didn't at least try to get him in our squad to see how he could do but I think it is a stretch at this stage to say that he is better than Raheem.

Totally agree regarding our defence, for all the talk of our missed chances, I am convinced it will be our undoing.

Let's see how he performs in the CL. I think you're being harsh, as you do me about my view of Sterling.

As for running amok up here? Maybe, but he's down there and if he's as good as you think he should be doing it there too. The fact he was being considered in a swap for Sanchez, tells me, if it's true, might be a load of shite, but if it is true, that the powers at be could see a future without him.

Was the swap thing true? Do I really need to answer that?

The main thing I took from those swap rumours was that Arsenal were desperate to get Sterling from us and that we wouldn't entertain letting him go. But I know there have been various interpretations of what was going on. At the very least, even if we were prepared to let Sterling go, I think we know that Arsenal were very happy to take him. I guarantee they wouldn't have been happy to swap Sanchez for Scott Sinclair.

The main thing I took from those swap rumours was that Arsenal were desperate to get Sterling from us and that we wouldn't entertain letting him go. But I know there have been various interpretations of what was going on. At the very least, even if we were prepared to let Sterling go, I think we know that Arsenal were very happy to take him. I guarantee they wouldn't have been happy to swap Sanchez for Scott Sinclair.

I would agree with that. But, my point is if Roberts had been given a run in your team they would want him more. Wasn't making the case for Sinclair.

This Roberts vs Sinclair Vs Sterling discussion is madness.

Roberts is a young guy with a lot to prove, happy to have him back at Celtic but he was never going to play for City.
Sinclair has been a fantastic signing for us. Couldn't care less about his reputation down south. He's at the right club, at the right time, under the right manager. Playing some of his best stuff and i've no doubt it'll be because he spends 80/90% of the game attacking the opposition instead of getting hammered playing in a diabolical villa team.
Sterling was sold for £50million and is an england international, case closed.

Roberts first game back for us on Friday. Still got injuries upfront, slight chance he could start as our striker. He did a few times last season, didn't really work.

This Roberts vs Sinclair Vs Sterling discussion is madness.

Roberts is a young guy with a lot to prove, happy to have him back at Celtic but he was never going to play for City.
Sinclair has been a fantastic signing for us. Couldn't care less about his reputation down south. He's at the right club, at the right time, under the right manager. Playing some of his best stuff and i've no doubt it'll be because he spends 80/90% of the game attacking the opposition instead of getting hammered playing in a diabolical villa team.
Sterling was sold for £50million and is an england international, case closed.

Roberts first game back for us on Friday. Still got injuries upfront, slight chance he could start as our striker. He did a few times last season, didn't really work.
Nothing to do with him being in a shite league, of course.

Nothing to do with him being in a shite league, of course.

It was possibly that attitude that prevented you from buying VVD for £13m.

Well, he's playing against fuck all, my sainted mother would give him a harder game....and so on.

Let's see how he does in the CL. Or is the Prem a higher level than that, even though it's been five years since any team landed a glove anywhere near it?

Well, he's playing against fuck all, my sainted mother would give him a harder game....and so on.

Let's see how he does in the CL. Or is the Prem a higher level than that, even though it's been five years since any team landed a glove anywhere near it?

Funny you keep referring to CL mare, you do know Sterling was voted in UEFA's team of the group stage when he was the same age Roberts is now.

Go on then, enlighten us, why did Sinclair fail at the two top clubs he was at, in England, before tearing it up in a shite league, north of the border? Pretty sure Sinclair played in the CL for your lot last season too, how did that work out? Oh yeah, you finished bottom.
We got to a semi-final less than 5 years ago.
When did a Scottish team last do that? (cue lisbon lions comment).
Face it, if and when you make the CL/Europa group stages, those are the only difficult games you have all season, with the exception of maybe one or two domestic games, if your rubbish opponents ever raise their game enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.