Love At First Sight?

Met SWMBO in a Limassol Nightclub called the Hippodrome in September 1988... she was there for a week and I was stationed there in the RAF,, Only went to town to make the numbers up in the taxi...

Saw her once again in the October when she came out to see me then at Xmas when I was on leave.. Proposed at New Year and we got married in September 1989 with tons of letters (the ones you used to write on paper) and phone calls (the ones you used to make from those cubicle things) in between as we only saw each other once more before the big day

Now 28 years in with two great sons who we are very proud of and I wouldn't swap her for anybody... Love at first sight? It must have been or we have been very lucky

Hard work occasionally, especially as she is a Dipper but aren't all marriages or relationships

Our youngest is out in Cuba on Hols with our eldest and their girlfriends plus some mates... We are on tenterhooks as the young 'un went out there armed with a ring.... They have only been going out 8 years FFS :-)

The missus is itching to tell everyone as we've known for quite a while.... finger's crossed she is from Del Monte

Nice story mate, congrats on 28 years, I myself have a dipper for a doris, we're only 11 years in, 8 of them married and as you say they can be hard work, she has confidence issues, she's fucking full to the brim with it but I wouldn't swap her for anything less than a million pounds.

Thankfully no kids to worry about though, which we're quite happy about, leaves us free to enjoy our own lives together.

Nice story mate, congrats on 28 years, I myself have a dipper for a doris, we're only 11 years in, 8 of them married and as you say they can be hard work, she has confidence issues, she's fucking full to the brim with it but I wouldn't swap her for anything less than a million pounds.

Thankfully no kids to worry about though, which we're quite happy about, leaves us free to enjoy our own lives together.
Aye.. mine's from the Wirral but re the Dippers she turns into a candle bearer occasionally, they pretend to like banter but don't fall for it, they get totally in knots if you dare to criticise their club.....

I feel the same though, wouldn't swap her..... she is clear at present after a diagnosis two years ago with a life changing illness... so we're taking our chances to live life now... I'm 54 next month and always suggested I'd stop work at 55... not sure I'm ready but I feel obliged to so that we can travel more...

Aye.. mine's from the Wirral but re the Dippers she turns into a candle bearer occasionally, they pretend to like banter but don't fall for it, they get totally in knots if you dare to criticise their club.....

I feel the same though, wouldn't swap her..... she is clear at present after a diagnosis two years ago with a life changing illness... so we're taking our chances to live life now... I'm 54 next month and always suggested I'd stop work at 55... not sure I'm ready but I feel obliged to so that we can travel more...

That's brilliant mate, long may she remain clear and as healthy as she is now.

Mine's from Speke, so a proper tough little bugger, her playground as a kid was the airport, thankfully has no interest in football so no issues there.

Wish I could pack work in, 57 now, she's only 45 but has always maintained she finishes work when I do, which means we will need plenty of till in order to enjoy our freedom. Unfortunately previous relationships of mine left me at square one financially, so it's going to take a good few years before I will be able to put my feet up.
As for your predicament, give it up if you can mate, do all the things you have both talked about, in a couple of years if you feel the urge you can always do something part time to break the monotony.

Let me tell you about myself...I'm 42 and never been in love including the mother of my children whom I got pregnant two weeks into our relationship

I always thought love was a myth...the love you can have between adults anyway...I love my children unconditionally

I've been single for around 22 months now (Since I split from my boys mum) and have been playing the field somewhat...but 9 days ago I met a woman that has completely blown me away

She is beautiful...on the inside and out and the minute I met her I knew I wanted to spend the rest of my life with her...for a man that has never experienced love it's knocked me for six

I've deleted my 'black book' and cannot stop thinking about her

The mad thing is...she feels the same about me

Never EVER thought i'd fall in love...never mind at first sight

It's a fucking amazing feeling

Anyone experienced anything similar?

I promise you now I'm marrying this woman in the future and i've never even been engaged in my life

Sorry for the soppy thread...just need to tell anyone...Want to shout it from the rooftops if i'm honest

Met my Mrs in The Vine in town 2 years ago today. There's 21 years age difference and we get on brilliantly. I've been married twice before and like an idiot decided to do it again next July. She's quality though and we get on so well, i prefer going out with her than my mates and generally take her along if i am out with the lads.

Can we keep this thread going until she has a restraining order on you, the CSA are deducting 20% of your net wage from source and you are eating pot noodles in a basement flat?

I love a romance.

I believe in love at first sight :)

HLPS17B9CH1_front.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.