Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know what I think happened on deadline day? I think that Arsenal and City played a game of "who blinks first" in that last hour. I don't believe Arsenal's interest in Lemar was genuine. If they were going to do a deal of that magnitude it would have been agreed well in advance. I think Arsenal used that to try and get City to hike the agreed fee at the last minute. I reckon both parties sat by their phone, City played hardball and Arsenal were left holding the most expensive one year contract in football history.

For this reason they will be desperate to recoup something in January. I reckon he's City-bound.

That might be the case mate. I think there the Liverpool game brought about an element of panic. I have no idea if Arsenal were 'playing the game' all summer, but the manner of the Liverpool defeat certainly ruffled feathers. From then on it was handled poorly. Again, i've no idea if the Lemar bid was genuine, but 1 thing is for sure, Wenger wanted the lad, & probably still does. Given how it panned out, it did look a cluster fuck, although i don't think Wenger will be unhappy that he can still call on Sanchez for a wee while.

Oh, & i've always reckoned he's City bound, whether it was the summer there, January or next summer.

Given the goal difference realistically that's 2 point, alternatively your a point above burnley :-)

It's all early doors anyway mate. After the disaster of the Liverpool game, i'm reasonably content where we are now. We all know about our weaknesses, but i'm happy to see similar weaknesses in the teams around us (Spurs @ Wembley, Liverpool's defence, Chelsea's form a bit inconsistent). You guys look another level.

Last edited:
That might be the case mate. I think there the Liverpool game brought about an element of panic. I have no idea if Arsenal were 'playing the game' all summer, but the manner of the Liverpool defeat certainly ruffled feathers. From then on it was handled poorly. Again, i've no idea if the Lemar bid was genuine, but 1 thing is for sure, Wenger wanted the lad, & probably still does. Given how it panned out, it did look a cluster fuck, although i don't think Wenger will be unhappy that he can still call on Sanchez for a wee while.

Oh, & i've always reckoned he's City bound, whether it was the summer there, January or next summer.

It's all early doors anyway mate. After the disaster of the Liverpool game, i'm reasonably content where we are now. We all know about our weaknesses, but i'm happy to see similar weaknesses in the teams around us (Spurs @ Wembley, Liverpool's defence, Chelsea's form a bit inconsistent). You guys look another level.
Take no notice of me, after watching city for nearly 50 years I get more pleasure from schadenfreude than is healthy ;-)

Yes I agree on they could of done it six months ago.Although PSG had other things on.
I would love City to get this guy for peanuts or even free!
It will not happen, You may have a chance at Ozil for peanuts but this guy is far to big.
If he runs his contract down then he maybe free,the signing on fee and agent fees will be High.
Every club is going to come sniffing around this deal.
40/50m should blow them away.
Let the dreamer's dream.
There's plenty of silly money being spent in this game, but suggesting that clubs may spend that kind of money in January is bonkers. There's no way that any Financial Director and of any club will sanction such a deal when that same deal can be completed for free less than six months later.

I think he will move in January but it won't be just us going for him.

For the price he could be attainable at every top team in Europe will be interested, even if he is free next summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.