Our attendances

Agree with a lot of the posts on here, we misseda trick when we developed ss3. When spuds get their new ground they have a dedicated single home end thats going to generate some noise, along the lines of Dortmunds yellow wall. We defo need to consider all possibilities for the North stand redevelopment that may give us something similar.

I never realised how much sound is lost due to roof design. I was in Munich the other week and did a tour of the Allianz, 20 of us on the tour and the guide got us to shout goal, the sound and reverberation around the stadium was amazing. Not sure the opportunity is lost yet, an extension of the North Stand along with a change in laws for safe standing could still be another chance with a well thought out relocation of the family stand.

Yes but the singers are already encamped at the South end of the ground. Even if the club were to try to get the North STand as a singing end, it would just make the problem even worse: a third small and too-quiet singing end. People don't like to move, and many want to be near the away fans. You can see that as we have about 1500 vocal fans totally wasted/lost in the 111/112 area. If songs were starting under the roof of the South Stand, the rest of the ground would often follow on as it spreads like a Mexican wave.

Pilling? No. Might be another Gary James - when I got married a DJ was recommended to us to play at our wedding. He lived near me and when we contacted him discovered his name was Gary James. We decided it'd cause too much confusion if GJ was the DJ at our wedding.

Tell him to check City's attendance last night. Best since 1969 in LC
Ha already given him grief, not Hyde Grammar then.

You can see that as we have about 1500 vocal fans totally wasted/lost in the 111/112 area. If songs were starting under the roof of the South Stand, the rest of the ground would often follow on as it spreads like a Mexican wave.
Agree fans don't like moving, I thought when we had the last relocation these fans would move into the 1894 area, not sure why they feel they need to be close to the away fans, but who am I to say.
The Mexican wave thing is interesting in the same way at peak Posnan it took a while to spread around the ground and was one reason I think it died out, songs take a while to get going and spread but usually by then it has stopped at the South Stand and it dies out, it's quite rare for any singing to last long enough for other parts of the stadium to get behind it.
It's just my personality but there are many like me that wil stand up and sing if others around me are but I won't be the first to sing if others around me aren't.

Midweek games are much harder to get to than they should be in a place the size of Manchester.

Traffic awful, parking around the ground awful. Public transport inadequate.

I left home (Timperley) at 6.00 last night. Got into the ground 15 minutes into the game.

Most annoying for me was trying to get into the stadium at the Mary D's entrance and being told I couldnt as it was only away supporters entering there. So ended up having to walk from there, 5 minutes late already, right near where my gate was to the ASDA entrance just so I could walk to my gate.

With two young kids with me last night it really had me wondering whether it was all worth it (the game didnt help).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.