Full Backs?

Luke Shaw has always looked a pretty good full back to me. I really hope he leaves Utd and rubs their noses in it elsewhere.

Today is another example of why we must buy a LB in Janaury.

Delph has filled in well but he is not a left back. Offers almost going forward other than the odd goal. Don’t recall him putting in any cross at all from the left side let alone a dangerous one. Also got caught out of position a few times.

It’s suicide if we decide to stick with Delph and Danilo until April.

My pick is Ghoulam. Would fit right in. He would push Mendy for number 1 spot which is massive IMO.

Today is another example of why we must buy a LB in Janaury.

Delph has filled in well but he is not a left back. Offers almost going forward other than the odd goal. Don’t recall him putting in any cross at all from the left side let alone a dangerous one. Also got caught out of position a few times.

It’s suicide if we decide to stick with Delph and Danilo until April.

My pick is Ghoulam. Would fit right in. He would push Mendy for number 1 spot which is massive IMO.
Agreed, I think fans are overrating Delph's performances a little bit. I understand why because it's a great story, he was on the verge of leaving and now he's playing every week. However, we need a left back who can get forward like Mendy and I think we'll have missed a trick if we don't target this position in January.

Agreed, I think fans are overrating Delph's performances a little bit. I understand why because it's a great story, he was on the verge of leaving and now he's playing every week. However, we need a left back who can get forward like Mendy and I think we'll have missed a trick if we don't target this position in January.

I think he's getting some deserved credit because he's playing in a position that's alien to him. He's not a full back and I guess he wants to make sure he gets the defensive side of his game right at the expense of bombing forward to join the attacks and getting caught out. Fair play to him, he's been asked to do a job and he's doing it really well. I do agree though another left back is a must if we are to compete on all fronts. Ryan Bertrand would be my choice, the bloke from Napoli was great going forward, but in my opinion didn't look great at defending.

I think he's getting some deserved credit because he's playing in a position that's alien to him. He's not a full back and I guess he wants to make sure he gets the defensive side of his game right at the expense of bombing forward to join the attacks and getting caught out. Fair play to him, he's been asked to do a job and he's doing it really well. I do agree though another left back is a must if we are to compete on all fronts. Ryan Bertrand would be my choice, the bloke from Napoli was great going forward, but in my opinion didn't look great at defending.
Bertrand would be my choice as well, another HG player means we can replace Delph with a foreign player next summer if needed.
But I've managed to watch only 30-40 min of Saints since Aug. How's he doing this season?

Last edited:
Luke Shaw has always looked a pretty good full back to me. I really hope he leaves Utd and rubs their noses in it elsewhere.
I’d go for Shaw too. How sweet would it be if he did sign for us and go on to become the best English left back?

Bertrand would be my choice as well, another HG player means we can replace Delph with a foreign player next summer if needed.
But I've managed to watch only 30-40 min of Saints since Aug. How's he doing this season?

On what I've seen of him I think he'd do a job for us, he's solid and can get forward. Like any full back that we sign the amount of defending they'd do in our team is far less than that say at Southampton by virtue of our passing game and high percentage of possession. It does however mean they have to have high levels of concentration as for eighty nine minutes they are bombing forward, but for that one minute they might have to defend, which is their primary role.

I’d go for Shaw too. How sweet would it be if he did sign for us and go on to become the best English left back?
I agree with those on here who think Luke Shaw could do a job for us. Before he signed for the rags he was a quality left back, probably the best English left back at the time. He has been completely mismanaged by the knob of a Manager they have over there and no doubt his confidence is shot. We have seen how Pep inspires and lifts young players like Sane, Sterling and Jesus I'm sure he could do it again. Remember form is temporary, class is permanent. If they would let him move to us he is well worth a punt.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.