Vincent Kompany injuries

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even when Kompany is fit, to drop Otamendi (who's been second only to Stones among Premier League center-backs this season) for someone who will probably get injured again soon after would be a huge kick in the teeth to Nico, it would disrupt the chemistry of the backline and I hope against hopes that we don't do it. Of course I love Kompany but I don't see the point of having him as a first-choice anymore.

I think the thinking of the club now is that if he can’t handle 90minutes against Gibraltar, then he couldn’t handle shorter game time in a prem game . I tend to agree with that .

yep, I applaud that he wants to still play for his country.

But needs to be a work around this, isn't it Martinez who is the belguim national manager?

No way should we disturb the defence now. Vincent should be used sparingly and there for us in emergencies. Having some continuity in selection has made us look a capable and steady defensive unit. Last year we changed the defence every game and it made us look flustered and unsettled.

The trouble with him going is that he has a carefully planned recovery plan which won't be same there,thats why he gets injured there or just after coming back i think and no international manager seems to care what state the players come back in so long as they can play for them,vinny shouldn't play if he doesn't feel right,trouble is he really wants to play,i take your point about getting mins but i would rather he gets them here under pep and our doctors

Good point, forgot about the tailor made recovery plan.

Cant clubs refuse International call-ups for a player who has been injured and hasn't played for the club since the injury?
If so, Id tell Vinny he's staying here and working on his rehab. We're going to need to rotate the defence soon, plus yellow card suspensions are looming

Even when Kompany is fit, to drop Otamendi (who's been second only to Stones among Premier League center-backs this season) for someone who will probably get injured again soon after would be a huge kick in the teeth to Nico, it would disrupt the chemistry of the backline and I hope against hopes that we don't do it. Of course I love Kompany but I don't see the point of having him as a first-choice anymore.

Play Kompany in the cups. See how he goes. If it doesnt work, well hey, at least other defenders got a rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.