Fernandinho - 2017/18 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fernandinho has been directly involved in four goals in his last four Premier League appearances (two goals, two assists), as many as in his previous 64.

Our most important player in my opinion. In just about every other position we have good cover but not sure Yaya could play Fern's role against the best and Danilo is unproven there.

I guess Delph could cover but then who plays at left back?

I would trust Pep to come up with a solution though - and probably one that surprises everyone.

Was just thinking about posting.

Great article.

Can’t believe so many wanted him sold because he was played in every position but DM last season and was out of form.

One of our most consistent players since he joined. Let’s not forget that for a long time he did the work of two players when Yaya went forward and crawled back, putting in zero defensive effort in many games.

Top, top player. Will get the extension he deserves.

Indispensable. But racking up way too many minutes for a 32-year-old holding midfielder in an aggressive pressing team. IMO, we need cover for Fernandinho as soon as possible.

Indispensable. But racking up way too many minutes for a 32-year-old holding midfielder in an aggressive pressing team. IMO, we need cover for Fernandinho as soon as possible.

Played another 95 mins just now for Brazil. Desperately needs resting for the England game!

In the Leicester game showed great composure in City's penalty area with his control of the ball and then producing a long measured pass to KDB in the build up to the second goal. A lot of players would have just booted it anywhere.

the transition between defend to counter attack in seconds are absolute class.
he's playing like deep-lying playmaker. the true regista.
his athleticism to cover large area are priceless.
his positioning are top class, always at the right place at the right time.
have composure playing from the back, while opponents swarming his space.
got technique to strike from distance, and vision to find runners.
no other player in the team like him, and i wonder if we can find his replacement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.