Full Backs?

Big fan of this lad and his versatility would be a huge bonus, also think moving to a bigger club could really help his career in the long term, while it's great to see he's getting gametime at Fulham, 50 appearances at 17 and a half is probably a recipe for burnout if he doesn't start to share duties soon.
Definitely, he will be on about 200 appearances by the time he is 20 at this rate. Looks to have all the makings as a top wing back, potentially even competition for Sane on the LW if we aren't fussed with his defensive work.

Again, horses for courses. Delph is the real deal. Yes, he plays the role differently, but he is equally effective. Some will suggest more so.

Delph is in fact the other starting fullback. Not even a backup. Against WBA Mendy and 2 strikers might be the way to go. Against Spurs, Delph and 1 striker might be more appropriate.

The notion that Delph is an inferior non-leftback is a silly fallacy. He is a legit left back with strengths and weaknesses just like Mendy. For fuck sake, he is currently the best leftback in the league. Mendy included!

It will be interesting to see how Mendy and sane play together. I think that Delph has provided solidity and given Sane room to play wide. I see Mendy and Sane occupying the same space and am not sure how they'll complement each other. Like you, I suspect that we will play with two forwards and Mendy provides the width.

I liked Mendy with the ball but defensively he made kolarov look like Maldini so playing in a 4 man defence may be a stretch in some games.

It will be interesting to see how Mendy and sane play together. I think that Delph has provided solidity and given Sane room to play wide. I see Mendy and Sane occupying the same space and am not sure how they'll complement each other. Like you, I suspect that we will play with two forwards and Mendy provides the width.

I liked Mendy with the ball but defensively he made kolarov look like Maldini so playing in a 4 man defence may be a stretch in some games.
And you base this on what four games - Mendy is twice, no three times the player Kolarov is. Delph has been excellent covering a tricky situation plus perhaps stopping the club spending a substantial fee on a left back - but make no mistake when Ben is fit he will play most games.

its probably not going to happen, but I've watched leicester a bit this season and chill well at left back looks a really good player. very good going forward as well. i think we should be after that kind of player, a young player with lots of potential. either him or the left back from fulham would be good.

I think we should focus on getting Lucas Hernandez from Atletico Madrid in January. He is a centerback, but can also play left fullback.

If Bertrand were younger then he'd be perfect, but I'd imagine we might be looking closely at Gaya again from Valencia. We've been linked with him for a while but he's starting to look the real deal again now that Valencia have sorted there shit out and hired a proper manager. He was excellent against Barca the other day as well, setting up the goal with the sort of direct, overlapping run and interchange that we rely on

I think we should focus on getting Lucas Hernandez from Atletico Madrid in January. He is a centerback, but can also play left fullback.

this is the man to go for...him partnered with stones at the back would be heaven

Interesting. In your opinion can Sane play as one of the 2 strikers? I read a while back that in Germany they see him eventually becoming a more central player.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.