More trams

183sash

i heard this mentioned on Talkshite this morning , can’t the club ask / pay GMT to put on more trams around full time on a home match day , this would hopefully reduce the numbers of people then leaving early ,the only annoying thing about Sterling’s winner last night was the sight of all the empty seats behind the goal

To be fair the goal was at the family end with a lot of people with kids who want to get them to bed not too late.

Sort out blue car park.....we left early also or it takes one hour to get off car park.....this stadium has out grown local infra structure.....what was its capacity for common wealth games....that was probably about its ideal maximum for ease of exit or entry.
Ground expansion will need to go hand in hand with something or it could. Take two hours to clear car park !

Sort out blue car park.....we left early also or it takes one hour to get off car park.....this stadium has out grown local infra structure.....what was its capacity for common wealth games....that was probably about its ideal maximum for ease of exit or entry.
Ground expansion will need to go hand in hand with something or it could. Take two hours to clear car park !
If there was more trams , wouldn’t people be tempted to do a kind of park and ride - drive to tram stop , park up then jump on a tram . I know it’s free parking at Alty station and the tram ticket is about the same as you’d pay for parking near the ground . Gotta be quicker getting tram back to Alty rather than driving there after a match

Although that would still be evident on a Saturday, 3 o’clock kick off (and 1230!!).
My impression from TV pictures is that it is worse for the midweek games .Having said that I'm one of the people who can't go because I live to far away and can't get too many midweek games because of work so have to put my ticket on the exchange.

Stayed till the end last night in the Family Stand. From leaving my seat to getting home took 1 hour and I live 30 miles from the City Centre. Buzzing all the way home. If I'd have left 5 mins earlier I'd have felt robbed.

the only annoying thing about Sterling’s winner last night was the sight of all the empty seats behind the goal
I don't know why, but for all the empty seats at the final whistle (and I stayed and applauded the players off), the crowds on the roads while I was driving away, were the worst I've seen for a long time, it was very very busy, so where were they all if not in their seats, they certainly hadn't left the ground.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.