Everton 2017/18

The 'Guv'nor' reckons he should have been it til end of the season

https://news.paddypower.com/footbal...ium=referral&dclid=CJToq6Ht6dcCFcmPGwodP4AHvA

SAME OLD NAMES GETTING JOBS

I understand that Big Sam has had massive experience, more than me, but it’s not like I’m wet behind the ears – I’ve had more than 35 years in football, across all four leagues.

I’ve galvanised every team I’ve been at. Every time I’ve gone into a club, we’ve hit the ground running.

I know how to get a team going and playing, to rediscover that fight and desire, which these struggling Premier League teams are missing. It’s something I’m good at. I could go to a Palace or West Brom and do a good job, but I don’t get that opportunity because owners want to take the ‘safe’ route, even though experience doesn’t guarantee you anything.

https://news.paddypower.com/footbal...ium=referral&dclid=CJToq6Ht6dcCFcmPGwodP4AHvA

I understand that Big Sam has had massive experience, more than me, but it’s not like I’m wet behind the ears – I’ve had more than 35 years in football, across all four leagues.

I’ve galvanised every team I’ve been at. Every time I’ve gone into a club, we’ve hit the ground running.

I know how to get a team going and playing, to rediscover that fight and desire, which these struggling Premier League teams are missing. It’s something I’m good at. I could go to a Palace or West Brom and do a good job, but I don’t get that opportunity because owners want to take the ‘safe’ route, even though experience doesn’t guarantee you anything.

I mean, he's not wrong. He's a shit manager, but he's not wrong on this. But maybe there just aren't any young English managers that are good enough. Im sure its a little of both, but we won't find out if no one is given a chance, which is the point he is trying to make.

I mean, he's not wrong. He's a shit manager, but he's not wrong on this. But maybe there just aren't any young English managers that are good enough. Im sure its a little of both, but we won't find out if no one is given a chance, which is the point he is trying to make.

Why don't English managers go abroad and make their name? If they are that desperate

What this about pie man having a mini rant about Pep on 5 live after the game, anyone know?

Last edited:

I'm not clicking that, however does he throw the race card out as usual?

If you look at Everton upcoming fixtures I don't see them dropping many points.
Then everyone will be saying what a great manager BIG SAM is.
JOBS for the boys
C.T.I.D

They know too much so will always be in a job Hodgsons appointment says it all...

I'm not clicking that, however does he throw the race card out as usual?
https://news.paddypower.com/football/2017/12/01/paul-ince-regurgitation-old-managers-frustrating/

He mentions it. He thinks Wio is being denied the chance to show he is a top class manager:

"If you look at black managers, so many of us have good track-records. Keith Alexander, God rest his soul, was followed by the likes of Chrissy Hughton, who’s taken several teams up; Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink, who got Burton promoted; Keith Curle, who’s doing a great job at Mansfield; and I got promotion with MK Dons.

When given jobs, these black managers have done well.

But it’s not just about me, and these guys, it’s about the next generation coming through. People like Rio Ferdinand, for example.

He’s got vast experience, was a top player working with great managers, and has a superb knowledge of football. He’s in punditry when he could probably be a very good manager, but obviously felt there’s too many obstacles for him to do that."

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.