Your first City match?

oh and my first away game was burnley away a 0 0 draw denis tueart missing 2 pens plus burnley fans throwing darts into our end.my mum wouldn't let my dad take me to an away game for a couple of years after that
I too was at that game and effectively Denis missed 3 penalties,as the ref made him take one again after the goalie moved.

City 0-0 QPR Oct 1976, the season we finished Runners Up with Stan Bowles, Gerry Francis & Rodney Marsh playing for the opposition if my memory serves me right. Watson & Doyle were immense that season. We had Kidd, Royle & Tueart up front but still failed to score 40,000 present at Maine Road.

Last edited:
The first proper match I can remember is 04/05, Kiki Musampa scoring the last minute winner vs Liverpool!

Manchester City 0 Blackpool 3

4 May 1963

Trautmann, Leivers, Kennedy, Oakes, Wood, Shawcross, Barlow, Dobing, Harley, Gray, Wagstaffe.

I was back a week later when City beating the double-winning Tottenham team 1-0.

City 1-0 Villa Dec 1980. I was a short 8 year old, North Stand, 4 rows up behind 6 foot 4 1/2 Joe corrigan (I remember the winning top trump card!) in the first half. In the second half whilst the villa players were disputing a free kick tueart was played one on one with their keeper towards the goal, the entire north stand stood up, all I saw was the back of the guy in front of me followed by loud cheers, when everyone sat down I saw Dennis celebrating! Despite now being a grown man I have never sat anywhere near that position again!

Manchester City 0 Derby County 2
November 1978 Maine Road
Hitchhiked from Teesside Poly in Middlesboro. Met two great blues at the match, Lawrie & Stuart, took me and my fiancee to a music club afterwards drank till 2 or 3 a.m. and ended up in someone's flat. Was City from that day forward.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.