Your first City match?

Remember that game...got there late, we were already behind. A WestHam player scored from half way iirc volleying a Corrigan clearance straight back into an empty net....or have I got the wrong game?
No mate it was Ronnie Boyce on the Volley

Derby county away in 80s dean saunders was there striker i remember the stand we were in the height and the drop was scarey we got beat 1.0think saunders scored
At least it wasn't the 0-6. I'm sure Saunders got a few that day. The only entertainment was singing about Shilton and his wife.

I think my first game was Burnley away in 1973, my soon to be brother in law Patrick took me. I remember we got stuffed 3-0. My other memory of this game is getting soaked walking to the ground, and then back to the car after the match.

Norwich City at Main Road. 10 years old.

1-1

Rosler scored the equaliser.

Don't remember much except my dad missing Roslers goal because I sent him to get me a tea.

Home to Derby County, 15 December 79. Won 3 - 0, but always remembered it as 2 - 0 until I read that City stat site a few years back. Probably because one was an own goal which messed with my memory. Can still smell those burgers/fried onions now. Could hear Maine Road quite clearly from where we used to live but being in the ground for the first time, middle of the Kippax as we scored was something else. Almost shit myself.

Some time in 73, I was too young to remember the match but I know I was in the North stand because my dad wasn't allowed to take me into the kippax

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.