Bernardo Silva - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bernardo Silva to @ManCity: "England is a special country where the football is very fast and very competitive so I’m getting used to it each time we play."

Bernardo Silva: "Fortunately, with more time and more games, I’ll be able to show everyone what I can do and prove my value and I hope I can help the team reach our goals."
Yep, looks to me he needs to get used to the “competitive” side of our game. He’s not dealt very well with the physical aspect of it so far. I’m sure he will in time though - Spanish Dave did.

Much better when played in the middle. We saw this against Feyenoord, Jesus came on and played LW, Sterling RW and Bernardo in the middle and he was immediately better.

Let’s not forget he is 23 and still adapting to the league. Think we’ll already see a much better player once he plays more often in one of the “free 8” positions.

The only times he should play on the wings is to close out a game.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/why-...the-best-of-bargain/brcugszs9qaf1hgsu0qkkj5lv

Sam Lee's written a very good article about Bernardo, and it suggests there's a bit more to his slow start than simply not being played inside as seems to be the conventional wisdom on here.

Got to say while his future is going to be more centrally, I do find it annoying that people are so convinced that a player who's played out wide his entire career suddenly can't play wide here. He's not going to play like Sterling, but Jesus didn't play like Sané when he was on the LW and Pep didn't have a problem with that.

His issues are, as Guardiola said after Feyenoord, just down to being new.

Still waiting for the guy who played at Monaco to show up.

Got more from Diaz in the short cameo tonight.

He runs down too many blind alleys on the wing and doesn't possess explosive pace like Sane and Sterling do. Pep might find it difficult to accommodate him, especially as Merlin still remains one of the best playmakers in the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.