Centre back options

I think we will get Max for LB position (~20m) and JFE for CB (~25m). Once we get them in, we would be in for Sanches (~20m o/w wait till summer).

I think we will get Max for LB position (~20m) and JFE for CB (~25m). Once we get them in, we would be in for Sanches (~20m o/w wait till summer).
Cant see us getting a left back, what happens when Mendy returns in four months? Delph has been brilliant plus Zinchenko and Danilo can all play there

Would be pissed if we signed Evans instead of giving Tosin a chance.

Cover in midfield is what we need as Toure is sadly past it at the top level.

I really don’t see Evans coming now.

Evans was looked at as 4th choice thinking Vinny was going to be OK this season, however it’s quite clear now that Vinny is just too unreliable so if we can pick up a Van Dijk for the right price we may look to do business.

With Vinny looking like he is coming to the end at City and Mangala inevitably going to be sold in the summer, I really can’t see the club wanting to have to sign two central defenders in the summer window.

If they can get one done in January I think they will.

What about Lucas Hernadez? We were linked with him last summer and the general belief was it was only shelved because of their transfer ban.

I really don’t see Evans coming now.

Evans was looked at as 4th choice thinking Vinny was going to be OK this season, however it’s quite clear now that Vinny is just too unreliable so if we can pick up a Van Dijk for the right price we may look to do business.

With Vinny looking like he is coming to the end at City and Mangala inevitably going to be sold in the summer, I really can’t see the club wanting to have to sign two central defenders in the summer window.

If they can get one done in January I think they will.
It's disruptive to the squad signing players in January. I think we'll not see much transfer action in Jan tbh.
With Stones almost back again, Tosin and Mangala playing well midweek, CB isn't the priority for January. LB is potentially more of an issue, as Delph can't play every match and Danilo/Zinchenko are compromise selections. I think whether Pep buys a LAB out not will depend on whether he sees Delph as his long-term #2 LB to Mendy or not. If he is, he'll hold off buying anyone. If not, he'll bring someone in.
The more important position is Dinho/Yaya imo. We need long term replacements for them, but it would be a serious blow if Dingo got an injury in the spring.
So my preference would be a young DMF (like Weigl) in January if it's feasible, and then two CBs and potentially Sanchez on a free in the summer.

It's disruptive to the squad signing players in January. I think we'll not see much transfer action in Jan tbh.
With Stones almost back again, Tosin and Mangala playing well midweek, CB isn't the priority for January. LB is potentially more of an issue, as Delph can't play every match and Danilo/Zinchenko are compromise selections. I think whether Pep buys a LAB out not will depend on whether he sees Delph as his long-term #2 LB to Mendy or not. If he is, he'll hold off buying anyone. If not, he'll bring someone in.
The more important position is Dinho/Yaya imo. We need long term replacements for them, but it would be a serious blow if Dingo got an injury in the spring.
So my preference would be a young DMF (like Weigl) in January if it's feasible, and then two CBs and potentially Sanchez on a free in the summer.

Much more likely we get a LB and use Delph as cover for Fernandinho than buy a defensive midfielder in January IMO.

When I watched him at Oldham (I know, painful) always thought he was too good for them in CB, good on the ball, played well defensively in a not so very good defensive team.. hence why he ended up at Burnley. Not watched Burnley much recently but I think he's a better option than JFE, dunno if the link is true but would be a decent signing.

Oldham to City, fairytale story right? or something like that...

James Tarkowski at Burnley looks a player. Homegrown, 25 years old, born in Manchester. Very solid defender and surprisingly very good on the ball. He has replaced Michael Keane seamlessly at Burnley. Wouldn't cost the earth either (at least not compared to the likes of Laporte/Van Dijk etc). He also had to bide his time at Burnley being mostly a backup until this season so I could definitely seem him doing the same at City.

Just a thought, probably more likely to go for an experienced head.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.