Virgil van Dijk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone thinks Liverpool will be a challenger next season? With Van Dijk and Kieta in, and say they add Lemar in place of Coutinho, I think that's a very strong team capable of a title challenge.
Yes especially if they sign a decent goalkeeper and maybe another top defender or two. They have the second best team on paper already IMO and play a brand of football that's good to watch, and more exciting than the shit united produce week in week out so deserve to be up there, or at least ahead of the rags. They remind me of us last season, you can see the quality shine through at times but its lacking something at moment

Thought he would have been great for us, but glad we weren't held to ransom.

On TV he looks a very impressive player, when interested. But I never thought he would come to City for a large fortune. For mine I would have thought we had the full S/P on his talents from his days with Jason at Celtic. Lets hope I am not wrong!

Really glad we haven't spent 75 million on VVD. I'm sure that there are far better centre halves out there that for a more realistic price. Still wouldnt mind a cheeky bid for Bonucci if he's not happy.

Never thought he was anything special in all honesty but admittedly i've never intentionally looked out for him during games. Not been reading the thread so i've no idea if he was ever a genuine target or not but the thing with Pep is, he's so brilliant that there's a much wider range of options available to us that he can work his magic on compared to others, so missing out on a potential target isn't a disaster.

One thing is for sure though, for that figure he absolutely has to come in and dominate for them. Big big pressure on his shoulders now. One player can't miraculously change an entire defence but when you pay that kind of money for any player, nevermind a defender he simply has to make an impact immediately. The second they have an amateurish game regardless of whether he's to blame or not he'll be jumped on. Hoping his first is in a few weeks town when we go there.

If they wasn't already on the list (imo they was) you can now add Liverpool to the list of teams who have zero right to moan about money spent by us or any other team, they've yet again just inflated the market and him along with the similarly priced Keita means there's no more excuses for Klopp either, if he wins nothing significant next season he surely has to go. It should be noted too that our record fee is still a comparatively puny £54 million for KDB. United,Chelsea and Liverpool all top that comfortably.

Not seen enough of him myself but seems to be highly rated mostly. Could be a very big player for them, be interesting to see how this one pans out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.