Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

It appears that the north stand has proportionally more Perspex and less corrugated sheet metal than the south stand on the model I have.
which is by design - the south stand roof needs the perspex to allow enough light to the pitch - the (as yet unbuilt) extended north stand roof doesn't need it

which is by design - the south stand roof needs the perspex to allow enough light to the pitch - the (as yet unbuilt) extended north stand roof doesn't need it
I thought that too, until I realised it’s the other way round, at least on the model, which is why I didn’t mention it in the first post

I thought that too, until I realised it’s the other way round, at least on the model, which is why I didn’t mention it in the first post

On the photo posted aren't we looking at it from the East? So the SS is the one on the left with the translucent rake, which is correct.

Oh and does it have 4 big screens?

And how many tiers in the NS?

EDIT Just looked again and if the one on the right is the NS then it's 3.

toys-and-games-jigsaws-and-puzzles-jigsaws-adult-manchester-city-fc-eithad-football-stadium-3d-jigsaw-puzzle-rawl.jpg

Last edited:
On the photo posted aren't we looking at it from the East? So the SS is the one on the left with the translucent rake, which is correct.

toys-and-games-jigsaws-and-puzzles-jigsaws-adult-manchester-city-fc-eithad-football-stadium-3d-jigsaw-puzzle-rawl.jpg
Looking at the model , you are looking at the main entrance ,Colin Bell stand. So North stand is to the left, also you can see the painted floor at City Sq too .

It’s not a very good stadium model. The tunnel at the main entrance are both on the same side, but on the model they’re on the opposite sides. The tunnel is located at the east stand and the main entrance is at the Colin bell stand. Cheap twats.

It’s not a very good stadium model. The tunnel at the main entrance are both on the same side, but on the model they’re on the opposite sides. The tunnel is located at the east stand and the main entrance is at the Colin bell stand. Cheap twats.
Only if you build it that way -It’s perfectly possible to do it so that the tunnel and service entrance are on the same side as the Colin Bell reception, I know, because that’s what I did, and yes there are 4 screens

Thoughts on a new North Stand.

The problem with having an entire two tiered end to the stadium dedicated to kids is that it leads to many fans there not coming to night games because they don't want to keep their kids up late etc. There's a number of parents in there who aren't even into football but bring their football loving kids due to the relatively cheap ticket prices. That stance means it's quite easy for them not to come when there's a bit of rain or it's a late KO.

To a lesser extent this does impact other parts of the ground, but from someone overlooking the whole ground, and knowing people in the Family Stand, it's clear we need to do something about this end of the stadium when redevelopment starts.

At the end of the day, a two tiered family stand covering the whole area behind the goals is never going to be good for atmosphere or aesthetics, and I say this as a former Family Stand graduate! :)

What I would like to see from a redeveloped North Stand:

- Make the entire lower tier safe standing when the legislation changes.

- Redevelop the upper tier into a larger single tier as per the below images.

- Allocate some seats to the family stand lower tier movers to the current family stand upper tier.

- Allocate 3-4 family blocks in another area of the ground for the majority of the family stand lower tier movers, or put them at the front of the newly expanded 2nd tier.

- Offer movers family stand priced tickets in any area of the ground.

Some people will obviously be unhappy with the re-shuffle but it's definitely required to improve atmosphere and we need to take it on the chin while making sure the movers are looked after with cheaper tickets for a year or two, and with first choice as to where they sit.

image.png

image.jpg

Thoughts on a new North Stand.

The problem with having an entire two tiered end to the stadium dedicated to kids is that it leads to many fans there not coming to night games because they don't want to keep their kids up late etc. There's a number of parents in there who aren't even into football but bring their football loving kids due to the relatively cheap ticket prices. That stance means it's quite easy for them not to come when there's a bit of rain or it's a late KO.

To a lesser extent this does impact other parts of the ground, but from someone overlooking the whole ground, and knowing people in the Family Stand, it's clear we need to do something about this end of the stadium when redevelopment starts.

At the end of the day, a two tiered family stand covering the whole area behind the goals is never going to be good for atmosphere or aesthetics, and I say this as a former Family Stand graduate! :)

What I would like to see from a redeveloped North Stand:

- Make the entire lower tier safe standing when the legislation changes.

- Redevelop the upper tier into a larger single tier as per the below images.

- Allocate some seats to the family stand lower tier movers to the current family stand upper tier.

- Allocate 3-4 family blocks in another area of the ground for the majority of the family stand lower tier movers, or put them at the front of the newly expanded 2nd tier.

- Offer movers family stand priced tickets in any area of the ground.

Some people will obviously be unhappy with the re-shuffle but it's definitely required to improve atmosphere and we need to take it on the chin while making sure the movers are looked after with cheaper tickets for a year or two, and with first choice as to where they sit.

image.png

image.jpg

I thought that the idea of having one large tier had been dismissed by ITK structural engineers

If the NS is a replicate of the SS, I would suggest that the family stand is relocated to the five blocks in the corner of CB and the NS

131,132, 231,232 and 330

or 132,232,233 and the first section of the new 3rd tier

https://3ddigitalvenue.com/3dmap/clients/manchester-city/

I do like the idea of the lower tier being safe standing and I think the club would rather L2 be premium seating for the hospitality suites

Decent crowd yesterday and decent second half atmosphere. Decent prices too. If we can sell out 3rd round FA Cup then with better (cheaper) pricing we could easily fill an expanded stadium for league games. This has to be a priority for the club now.
I would love to see a capacity of 70k+ with MORE space given to away fans = better atmosphere.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.