Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
They’re not gonna get top 4 with or without him

I think so too.
After 22 games with Alexis they are 5 pts and 13 goals behind Top 4. Why should there be a change?
Sanchez not allowed to leave AGAIN and saving Arsenes ass then fighting for Top 4? Really??

They could also qualify by winning EL like rags. But given the opponents I don't think that's too realistic.

About replacement:
of course there is none. They won't get the quality player without CL games. No way. That's their fuckin problem.
They could find someone on loan till summer who needs game time for the WC ahead. Like Draxler. But not very likely.
Mahrez for 50m would be insane. I compare him a bit to Nasri. Good footballer, lacking attitude and consistency.

We have said it several times, Arsenal are on a downturn and still refuse to do transition to get out of it stronger.
They would do good business taking the money now, let any player leave who doesn't want to be there and get back to work.
I even think they would be more dangerous without those nearly goners.

Why is it shambolic? It just returns different data than you expected.

This topic is awash with opinion dressed as fact. 'He's world class', 'No he's not'. Perhaps the stats about his goals, assists and his ranking in the Premier League's top players is a measure to use. I've never come across the Bleacher Report rankings before, but at least it's something to talk about.

You can't argue with his goals and assists.
Please run the report including last seasons stats. What you've done is akin to a business giving it's results for a brilliant trading week, when the overall trend shows something completely different. What you've done is soooooo transparent mate!!!

So lets see the report from Bleacher for that period ... not something that suited your agenda showing 4 games less.
OK. It doesn't read well for Sanchez.

Rank Player Club
1 Kevin De Bruyne (Stay)Manchester City
2 Mohamed Salah (Stay) Liverpool
3 Raheem Sterling (Stay) Manchester City
4 Eden Hazard (Stay) Chelsea
5 Leroy Sane (Stay) Manchester City
6 Christian Eriksen (Stay) Tottenham Hotspur
7 Riyad Mahrez (Stay) Leicester City
8 Jesse Lingard (Stay) Manchester United
9 Mesut Ozil (Stay) Arsenal
10 Alexis Sanchez (+4) Arsenal
11 Sadio Mane (Stay) Liverpool
12 Juan Mata (+3) Manchester United
13 Marcus Rashford (-3) Manchester United
14 Anthony Martial (-2) Manchester United
15 Marc Albrighton (+3) Leicester City
16 Heung-Min Son (Stay) Tottenham Hotspur
17 JB Gudmundsson (Stay) Burnley
18 Richarlison (-5) Watford
19 Dele Alli (+1)
Tottenham Hotspur
20 Willian (New!) Chelsea

Whatever period you take, and whatever stat you use, I think you'll find his game has taken a big dip on previous seasons.

I don't know why you are so hostile to discussing this. I am not dead set against signing Sanchez, but it doesn't enthuse me. I think we have identified the need for a wide forward or an attacker we can do better. Maybe not now, but in the Summer. Even now I would prefer Mahrez. If Sanchez does come to City, that's probably the likely way it will happen: mahrez to Arsenal, Sanchez to City.

Would you seriously start him ahead of Aguero/Jesus or Sane, Sterling, Bernardo Silva, KDB, David Silva? All it does is flesh the squad out for League Cup games, and FA Cups and possibly only for 1 season. Digest the league table. We are miles ahead of Arsenal, and this season Sanchez is not their best player. Not in my opinion anyway. Unlike the Sanchez is God tribe, I an back my argument up with stats whereas all you have is previous seasons. If we were buying Sanchez from 3-4 years ago, no argument, but he's 29. Players age, and all I am arguing is e wary of that. Little consideration seems to be given to that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.