David Silva - official statement

Like Vinny , Zabba and others a true legend at the club anything else he does now before he leaves is a bonus.

Sustained success is the ability to replace the players that need to replaced with improvements at the right time.

I think singing in support and appreciation of him is fine and also in line with how the other players chose to publicly display their support (focusing on the player himself). Singing the baby's name isn't appropriate in my opinion. I know people suggesting it only mean well, but nobody on here knows the full extent of his condition or where it might lead so I think the family's privacy ought to be respected on that front. I also think 50k people singing his baby's name mid-match isn't likely to help Silva in that moment. He's choosing to carry on with his football when he can and to the best of his abilities and I think the fans need to be mindful of the fact it's a big emotional/psychological challenge for him to do that. You don't really know what kinds of thoughts, images and feelings would be triggered by him hearing the baby's name been sung at him in a very public arena by 50k people, it doesn't sound like a great combination to me though.

I think singing in support and appreciation of him is fine and also in line with how the other players chose to publicly display their support (focusing on the player himself). Singing the baby's name isn't appropriate in my opinion. I know people suggesting it only mean well, but nobody on here knows the full extent of his condition or where it might lead so I think the family's privacy ought to be respected on that front. I also think 50k people singing his baby's name mid-match isn't likely to help Silva in that moment. He's choosing to carry on with his football when he can and to the best of his abilities and I think the fans need to be mindful of the fact it's a big emotional/psychological challenge for him to do that. You don't really know what kinds of thoughts, images and feelings would be triggered by him hearing the baby's name been sung at him in a very public arena by 50k people, it doesn't sound like a great combination to me though.
Correct.

Will be great if he plays today. Fair play to him for coming back again. Every game he plays for us is a pleasure to watch. How we will we ever replace him?!! Wish he was 21.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.