United thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now now boys,we should not remark on a person's features, bad form, though he does have a massive one. Never mind, you too will have academy grads playing for you eventually. No doubt about that.
How do you boys think you'll do in Europe?
To be fair it's much easier to graduates into your team because your attackers are awful. Do you think either Rashford or Lingard would get anywhere near our squad?

To be fair it's much easier to graduates into your team because your attackers are awful. Do you think either Rashford or Lingard would get anywhere near our squad?
Funnily enough I can see Pep relishing working with both. Why not? It may be outside his usual comfort zone to develop local lads, but never say never as they say. He may have to give time to some of your young lads eventually, otherwise it doesn't look great and if I were you I would trust him to bring a couple of young lads through. If Mourinho can do it then I'm sure Pep can follow suit. He certainly has the coaching ability.

I know you're on the wind up but Lingard and Rashford were brought through by Mourinho's predecessors, Lingard is about 27 isn't he? What happened to Tuanzebe he doesn't even make the cup squads anymore.

Funnily enough I can see Pep relishing working with both. Why not? It may be outside his usual comfort zone to develop local lads, but never say never as they say. He may have to give time to some of your young lads eventually, otherwise it doesn't look great and if I were you I would trust him to bring a couple of young lads through. If Mourinho can do it then I'm sure Pep can follow suit. He certainly has the coaching ability.

But why would he bother as he probably has much better prospects within our academy ?

how local is Warrington (its in Cheshire not even in Greater Manchester) next you will be telling us Beckham was local lad from Leyton.
Warrington to Manchester 18.8 miles
Warrington to Liverpool 19.3 miles

Warrington used to be in Lancashire, as did Manchester, until they started frigging about with the County boundaries to create "Greater Manchester" and "Merseyside". It was a nice quiet little town that was more interested in its rugby league team than football.

They are so deluded now that Mourinho has some of their fans believing they cannot compete with ‘oil clubs’

Forget the facts they have a higher wage bill (although we do seem to skim some onto CFA for non-playing staff) so they are actually probably similar, but cert

There team costs very similar and there record signings are more expensive.

The only argument seems based on the fact we brought our full backs most recently when the price is higher (is 50 million for Mendy now that much more then 30 for Shaw was then). The irony in this is when Mourinho was at Chelsea he complained he could not compete with United as they could pay Shaw a lot more per week.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/jul/26/jose-mourinho-chelsea-luke-shaw-wages

That said I’m happy for that lot to believe it is impossible to compete, if Jose can convince United of this then he has done a great job for us!
Yes but we have to cut little Mo a bit of slack tbf, what with Conte’s recent diagnosis of him and the little man syndrome kicking in more frequently these days. You’ve got to feel for the little fella.

Warrington used to be in Lancashire, as did Manchester, until they started frigging about with the County boundaries to create "Greater Manchester" and "Merseyside". It was a nice quiet little town that was more interested in its rugby league team than football.
my uncle used to live in the new town, all I remember is the roundabouts getting there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.