United thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apart from the media and history books, no one cares about this status, if it can even be called that. Football fans watch the football that is here and now, not clinging on to glory.

You being more concerned about glory than football speaks volumes.

Them lot and the bin dippers are called history boys for a reason...

Mate if you're from Swinton then you know only too well why United hate the red Scousers. Of course it's the same as, i.e. "due to other things like the history of their cities and dockyards", but at the end of the day that's all the more reason we don't want them any where near catching us. If yourselves, Chelsea and Newcastle with the new Chinese money can hopefully keep them out of it then we'll be happy enough challenging for the title with you guys.
why coming from Swinton would I understand, unless you mean it was a rugby town until the Salford overspill became glory hunting rags.

The present reality is Liverpool are just 2 behind us. And the future of course is that we will stretch that lead as I see yourselves, Chelsea and maybe Newcastle (let's see) and ourselves competing for the title in the next few years. Klopp is a decent manager but they're a selling club as we see again with Coutinho off, unfortunately for their supporters.

Its not magic they just turn the lights very low on the upper stands so the empty seats are not obvious on tv. I also had some suspicions about tv cameras not tracking high balls but I am no conspiracy theorist so discounted that idea.
magic ie misdirection. I thought they turned the lights down because it reflects to much off them shiny red seats, and have to alter the rgb output

Mate if you're from Swinton then you know only too well why United hate the red Scousers. Of course it's the same as, i.e. "due to other things like the history of their cities and dockyards", but at the end of the day that's all the more reason we don't want them any where near catching us. If yourselves, Chelsea and Newcastle with the new Chinese money can hopefully keep them out of it then we'll be happy enough challenging for the title with you guys.

All my rag mates disagree with you, I asked them all if they would rather beat us this year or Liverpool they all said City

Please don't take this the wrong way but our hatred of the red scouse will always be our priority.
That's not to say that there is no rivalry with you emerging but at the moment you're at 4 titles, hardly threatening our status at the top. Why do you think we were so relieved when you beat them to the title the year of the big Stevie me Slip ? If you can keep the chasing pack at bay for a few years you'll be doing us a favour, trust me. In a way we're in this together somehow.

your status at the top is no more....you havent been at the top for a while....

what you are talking about is history....football is the here and now and the future and yours is looking a lot bleaker than it use to...

You (and the scousers) are becoming alike...you no longer dominate (like Liverpool did in the 80's) so you constantly harp on about history and you use this to try to delude yourselves and others into thinking you are at the top...but you are not..

You have 20 league titles yes..that is a great achievement but its in the past....in the future that will be whittled away at as NO team will dominate the prem (and I include us in that) as the league is so much more competitive.....give it another 25 years and the gap in what you lot mistakenly refer to as history (basically you have no more or less history than any other team in the league - what you actually mean is success) will be gone....you call it history as you want to cling onto it.....but the success/dominance you once had is now gone...and the league (and football) is actually better for it.

The present reality is Liverpool are just 2 behind us. And the future of course is that we will stretch that lead as I see yourselves, Chelsea and maybe Newcastle (let's see) and ourselves competing for the title in the next few years. Klopp is a decent manager but they're a selling club as we see again with Coutinho off, unfortunately for their supporters.
how can you see it increasing as you are back to your post GPC history, wining the odd cup hear and now but never really challenging for the title. Sorry thats been forgotten as its not successful history.

All my rag mates disagree with you, I asked them all if they would rather beat us this year or Liverpool they all said City
I've already said that I'm not denying there is a rivalry emerging between us since 2008 but that it just is not anything like the fierce rivalry with Liverpool. We know you too well our kiddo, that's why so many reds are ok with your new found success.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.