Centre back options

Obv being from burnley my mates rave about him, keane took all the glory last season apparently? whilst they all said at the time mee is the miles better defender

Big fan of Ben and if he was good in possession I would be all for it. He isn't though. CB's that play at Burnley are very well protected by the system, reason why I don't think Keane/Tarkowski was/is of any interest as they'll likely be exposed

Obv being from burnley my mates rave about him, keane took all the glory last season apparently? whilst they all said at the time mee is the miles better defender

It will take a few months for him to adjust to our style of play, but Mee's a lifelong City fan, he will put the work in and I reckon Guardiola could make a player out of him.

Was all for it at the start of the season, but he’s been ripped to pieces in the two games he’s played against us, so far, this season.

Much like JFE, I fear his lack of pace would be severely exposed if and when he was included in our high back line.

Was all for it at the start of the season, but he’s been ripped to pieces in the two games he’s played against us, so far, this season.

Much like JFE, I fear his lack of pace would be severely exposed if and when he was included in our high back line.

He'd probably play in about 10 games a season for us, and in each of those games, we'd probably have around 70% possession so I don't think it'd be a big, recurring issue, especially if Kyle Walker or Danilo are sitting like they have been doing most of this season when we attack. Mangala, Stones and Otamendi aren't fast centre-backs either yet we've coped.

If Ben Mee can become composed enough to play out from the back for us, I think he'd be a quality signing. Defensively, he is excellent. And for a centre back, he has a relatively low centre of gravity being 5foot11 which always helps. Would love to see him back at City and I'm sure he'd love to be back too.

He'd probably play in about 10 games a season for us, and in each of those games, we'd probably have around 70% possession so I don't think it'd be a big, recurring issue, especially if Kyle Walker or Danilo are sitting like they have been doing most of this season when we attack. Mangala, Stones and Otamendi aren't fast centre-backs either yet we've coped.

If Ben Mee can become composed enough to play out from the back for us, I think he'd be a quality signing. Defensively, he is excellent. And for a centre back, he has a relatively low centre of gravity being 5foot11 which always helps. Would love to see him back at City and I'm sure he'd love to be back too.

Apart from his complete lack of pace, size, skill, football intelligence & reading of the game, he'd be perfect.

Either that or a cigarette machine, in front of the keeper.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.