City v Bristol City 1st leg post match

I don't feel sorry for Bristol at all, I feel happy for City. Happy for the manager, happy for players playing every 3 fucking days for months, as well as for players clearly lacking match practice / out of form giving everything they've got. A team finding the courage to once again come from behind and win, a team keeping its composure till the last second, a team refusing to give up. I am moved by this team's heart, effort and professionalism, I feel privileged being their supporter.

Anyway City won again so I understand certain people in this forum feel ... let's say uncomfortable? Tough luck, I guess they'll have to wait for their next opportunity on Sunday. Congratulations to Bristol, fucking come on City!!!

This !!!
I don't even feel like complaining about Mangala or Danilo. They can stay as squad players even next season.

Sane was extremely poor. His petulance/arrogance is getting in the way and he got a football lesson tonight in humility....His finishing was beyond awful and his overall play and demeanour stunk of him thinking all he had to do was turn up and he would win the game. If we had other options Id drop him instantly...

Yaya is finished......a fantastic player and deserves to go down as an all time legend and one who single handedly has dragged us through a few seasons and helped us get where we are but he cannot play anymore....finding a replacement for him/his spot in the squad is a must.

Illy was poor fist half but better second...he still doesn't grab games by the scruff of the neck which we need him to do.

Bravo doesn't install confidence in the defenders..that is plainly obvious but he should be credited for the first goal as it was a great pass.

Stones is looking very very rusty.

Mangala is what everyone has always known...a very basic defender....he tries (too hard at times) but he isn't good enough -still don't want JFE though!!!!!!

Bernardo Silva is a bit of an enigma at times but maybe he needs time to settle.

Sterling, KDB worked extremely hard and it just wasn't falling for them at times...sterling was extremely unlucky at the end of the first half but what defending that was!

And yet again the Kun saves the day.....the guy is still world class and he (yet again) has all the doubters looking extremely stupid.

We don't yet have the players to play a false nine system (maybe it would have worked better with David Silva in the team - possibly).

Good post points well made but you have gone way overboard with your praise for Bristol. Their approach was refreshing and they played to the maximum of their ability but they are a very mediocre football team. We really should have won by another couple of goals despite a very pedestrian performance, a failed false nine experiment and a defensive unit which one would hope will never appear against a good side.

I'm borderline drunk and already deleted my last post. I don't want to be too critical of anything right now, but our mindset going into these League Cup matches really pisses me off. I would much rather see a Brahim, Nmecha, and Tosin start. Then start throwing your rotation players in there. DO NOT fucking playing KDB. Is there anyone in here that really thinks it is worth the risk? I can't be the only person that doesn't give a flying fuck about the League Cup. Yes, I would prefer to win, but there is something about seeing a cobbled-together lineup of mostly rotation players putting in 70% effort that just makes me cringe while I'm watching. We won, yay. I don't want us to lose, but I do want to see players like Brahim get experience and I sure as fuck don't want to see KDB get injured. Those are my key points. Seacrest Out.

Mangala may have an awful first touch, a prime requisite for Pep, but he is not a pub player just old school, and that just about sums your post up as drivel

I saw this post after I submitted mine, so I will bite. He is fucking awful and the only reason I can think of that he played over Tosin is the hope that some Italian club will perhaps take on an extra 5% of his wages when he goes on loan with an option to buy. It's one thing to get yourself into trouble like he did on the build-up to the penalty, but to not just make a professional foul and concede the free kick is absolutely brainless (which he is BTW).

Gundogan... Awful performance

Mangala......very bad. We need to offload him. Not a 25m defender. We was robbed on this.

Zinchenko..... Not a defender/full back. Don't play him there.

Stones..... Lacking game time.

Sane...... Wtf. Needs dropping.

Bernado...... Needs to improve shooting when in open play

Yaya..... What's not said. He's finished.

Gundogan... Awful performance
Mangala......very bad. We need to offload him. Not a 25m defender. We was robbed on this.

Zinchenko..... Not a defender/full back. Don't play him there.

Stones..... Lacking game time.

Sane...... Wtf. Needs dropping.

Bernado...... Needs to improve shooting when in open play

Yaya..... What's not said. He's finished.

If only we had paid so little :)

It was a great game of football and credit to Bristol for giving it a go
Big shout to both sets of supporters
Citys crowd has come in for some stick but 3 games a week especialy over Christmas/ New Year burns a hole in your pockets.
Ya Ya has had it was more a hinderence last night .John Stones just a bit rusty but should be on form Sunday .Mangala lost concentration last night just as i was begining to warm to him .It not the end of the world onwards and upwards

Thankgod you won. Make sure to put out a stronger side at Ashton Gate so you can hammer them.

My thoughts as a Bristol Rovers fan:

Bravo - Dodgy, bought for his distribution but makes me nervy on the ball. Made one really good save though.
Mangala - Awful, absoltuely awful. Doesn't fit Guardiola's style of play at all and not worth 30p let alone £30mil. Big error for the goal.
Stones - Liability. He has potential but ponders too much on the ball at times. At fault for today's and Saturday's goal.
Danilo - Disappointing, looked shaky, grew into the game though
Zimichenko (however you spell it) - ok

Toure - Slows things down and doesn't look overly interested
KDB - Class, class and class. Without him you could have lost.
Gundogan - Poor last night but I think he is a good player.

Sane - Not the best of nights but still a very good player.
Bernardo Silva - Disappointing. Not sure about him.
Sterling - Too selfish all night.

Aguero - If he had started then could have been a cricket score.
Walker - Pace was threatening when he came on.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.