Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

No.

Because a single tier does exactly that. It get's 1000's singing together. The KOP, the Stratford End, the Yellow Wall, etc. You don't get level two of the East stand ,or Level 2 of the South Stand singing along with the lower levels of those stands. If the SS was a single tier, and the away fans were elsewhere in the Etihad, I guarantee you most of the SS single tier would join in singing. Perhaps not all the time, but much more than they do now with 3 separate tiers, and corporate area's.(SS level 2)
Away fans don' seem to struggle to make a noise in that stand when it has been handed over in full for previous cup games , we have the wrong type of match going fans to make an atmosphere, not the wrong type of stadium.

Thoughts on a new North Stand.

The problem with having an entire two tiered end to the stadium dedicated to kids is that it leads to many fans there not coming to night games because they don't want to keep their kids up late etc. There's a number of parents in there who aren't even into football but bring their football loving kids due to the relatively cheap ticket prices. That stance means it's quite easy for them not to come when there's a bit of rain or it's a late KO.

To a lesser extent this does impact other parts of the ground, but from someone overlooking the whole ground, and knowing people in the Family Stand, it's clear we need to do something about this end of the stadium when redevelopment starts.

At the end of the day, a two tiered family stand covering the whole area behind the goals is never going to be good for atmosphere or aesthetics, and I say this as a former Family Stand graduate! :)

What I would like to see from a redeveloped North Stand:

- Make the entire lower tier safe standing when the legislation changes.

- Redevelop the upper tier into a larger single tier as per the below images.

- Allocate some seats to the family stand lower tier movers to the current family stand upper tier.

- Allocate 3-4 family blocks in another area of the ground for the majority of the family stand lower tier movers, or put them at the front of the newly expanded 2nd tier.

- Offer movers family stand priced tickets in any area of the ground.

Some people will obviously be unhappy with the re-shuffle but it's definitely required to improve atmosphere and we need to take it on the chin while making sure the movers are looked after with cheaper tickets for a year or two, and with first choice as to where they sit.

I think a North Stand like this is more likely/feasible in our stadium, although a replica of the South Stand is even more likely.

image.png

image.jpg

I could be wrong but I thought a single tier wasnt possible without completely demolishing the stand with a reduced capacity and ruled out for that reason. Think a two tier option is the best we can hope for.

i remember reading on here that a single tier was possible. can't remember who posted it though. a two tired option would be good. but id have a big lower tier and smaller second tier.

I think a North Stand like this is more likely/feasible in our stadium, although a replica of the South Stand is even more likely.

i hope not. it would be a complete waste imo. we'd have the exact same problems we have now - no home end, broken up tiers.

i remember reading on here that a single tier was possible. can't remember who posted it though. a two tired option would be good. but id have a big lower tier and smaller second tier.
Think its the lower tier thats the problem being below ground level any change would need to be built up from the bottom reqiuiring closure, where a bigger second tier can be built behind like the south stand was.
Sure somebody that knows about engineering a stand will be along to put me right though.

Away fans don' seem to struggle to make a noise in that stand when it has been handed over in full for previous cup games , we have the wrong type of match going fans to make an atmosphere, not the wrong type of stadium.

That's because there are 1700 away fans in the SSC 3rd tier who want to sing.

If 2000 City fans in SS level 1 sang together on a regular basis, it would sound superb.

All you need to do is Google Bayern fans at home.

1 lower tier behind the goal that constantly sings and get's behind the team.

Bayern roughly have the same stadium layout

But yes, our fans certainly need to up their game.

That's because there are 1700 away fans in the SSC 3rd tier who want to sing.

If 2000 City fans in SS level 1 sang together on a regular basis, it would sound superb.

All you need to do is Google Bayern fans at home.

1 lower tier behind the goal that constantly sings and get's behind the team.

Bayern roughly have the same stadium layout

But yes, our fans certainly need to up their game.
I was referring to the occasions in the cup when we have handed over the entire stand , those fans had no issue creating an atmosphere in there

We have other threads relevant to atmosphere and singing,please keep this on topic of stadium development.
Cheers.

His point was about when we give them it all, its over 5000 then.

When 3000 away fans fill the away end, they create an atmosphere. Especially when the 3rd tier of the away end is full.

My point is, when you have 100's and 1000's of fans who want to sing, no matter where you put them in a stadium, they will always create an atmosphere.

Hence why we need a proper and dedicated singing section, where 1-2 blocks, roughly 500-1000 fans can sing and create an atmosphere together.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.