Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get all that and if someone said we had our limit but it’s a bit of a blow then fair enough. It’s the pathetic twisting of the narrative to ease it which is pretty sad. All fans of different clubs do it when they get gazumped. By tomorrow Sanchez will be a pensioner with a bad hip, bad attitude and a baby eater to boot.
I get you, but it's a complicated situation and the club have a lot of priorities to balance. Any decision that is taken won't be taken lightly.
My own opinion of Sanchez is that he will lessen the burden on the squad if he comes but it won't be a season breaker if he doesn't. We have a lot to gain if he comes but by the same token he has a lot to gain by coming to us rather than gambling with United for a bit more money.

If the rags interest is genuine, then this will be a gauge of Sanchez character... cash or success and future...

If he was dying to come and play for us he would be signing for us. It's that simple. Where have we got this he is dying to come and play for us from? Things change. Okay maybe "dying" is a bit over the top but it's quite clear that we have been his first choice for quite some time now. When I learned PSG were interested in summer I thought that was the end of the potential move to us but as it happened, he told them off and was on the verge of joining us before Wenger pulled the plug on the deal. Point is it wouldn't be ideal to see a player of that ilk who was willing to come to us rock up at a rival club. We know the role of agents in the modern game and i wouldn't put these developments past him. The fact that every top club in the world knows he'd be available at a cut price has somewhat increased the amount that would be seen as "fair" for him and hus agent right now compared to summer....Demand and supply.
The figures being banded around are madness for me for a 29 year old player. Forwards last until they are 32 generally max. How many are there knocking around in the big sides who are older than that and still doing it regularly? Ronaldo maybe but Madrid have been poor this season and he is on the decline. Yes but when you have a top 5 player in the premiership deserving of a top 5 pay, you've got to weigh the pros and cons rather than just give a first time "I don't want" wave. And yes like I said in my previous post I'm not going to pretend like I know the fine details of the financials and so this is the area that I'd just have to trust the judgement of the decision makers. I'd be deluding myself if I think whatever decision they take is the right one as they are humans just like myself but whatever decision they take, I'd have to back them any how.

United are all about brand and will throw whatever they have to at it. Look at that ibrahimivitch signing. Pogba, Lakaku. There is no planning in their signings at all. De Gea is reportedly after £300k a week! For a keeper! They are having the piss taken out of them but are Desperate to be seen to keep up. The media will love it if he signs for them but just like Van Persie he will fizzle out. He isn't going to make much difference this season. I don't remember Arsenal getting close to winning the CL with him in the side. I'm not even looking at this season alone. I want us to break clear from them forever. I know they've been throwing money around but there are reports that Zlatan would be leaving soon and this would free up wages for Alexis. If this is what they intend to do, I don't see them loosing out in any way here. Sanchez has been carrying them since he joined. They almost always win one trophy and another every year which is largely due to him. There's only so much you can do when you have Xhaka and Ramsey as midfield duo with Elneny and Coquelin waiting in the stands.
However we don't sign him and we have money to spend in the Summer on a younger player with more shelf life. We also have £200k a week from Toure's wages to spunk on someone!
Fair enough but don't expect any bargains in this market where a central defender could go for as high as £75m.
My respnses are in bold format.

So if they won't sell he'll hang in till the summer and walk. If he wants to come to us and no one else, the bid to Arsenal is immaterial. That, I suspect, is the clubs strategy and that is why they are sitting tight.
You need 2 components to get Sanchez now, Arsenal agreement and player agreement. We could have easily had both if we had not stubbornly said we would only pay £20m. CIty's declaration seems to have encouraged United to pay the Arsenal fee and then offer Sanchez such money it was difficult to refuse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.