Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
You need 2 components to get Sanchez now, Arsenal agreement and player agreement. We could have easily had both if we had not stubbornly said we would only pay £20m. CIty's declaration seems to have encouraged United to pay the Arsenal fee and then offer Sanchez such money it was difficult to refuse.
You're possibly right with the scenario you paint but in reality no one knows the true situation. We could have offered 35 and we still would have got the bullshit of "well, we have to sign a replacement before we can let him go". That would given another club plenty of time to come in if they wanted to derail our transfer.
However, it all depends on what Sanchez wants. Does he want to join Pep and City and share in the success that we seem to be on the verge of attaining or does he want to put money first and risk the success which may or may not come with United. Decisions, decisions.

"Do you fancy coming over to see me ?"
"Oh Son, it's a 17 hour flight and you know how your father hates flying"
"I'm getting a £25M signing on fee"
DTbTw7iWAAEM1pV.jpg

With the City ladies team doing so well also, no reason why we can't sign them all. Worked for Hazard @ the chavs.

I agree but we don’t know if it’s a bit more or a lot more, i know these guys are wadded but money is always a factor. If the rags have gone bat shit crazy on this and we lose him fair enough, it doesn’t make him a poorer player though. They will get the benefits for a lot of money. We miss out. Shit happens.
Yep. It is what it is.

Yeah, yeah. Assemble a top executive team, introduce a sustainable wage structure, develop a global strategy that’s the envy of the footballing world, foster a brilliant team spirit...then shit your pants and drop every principle when the rags come a-sniffin.

You have to be flexible too though, depending on the situation. It's not often that a world class player is available for a relatively low fee and has a straight choice between us and our most hated, and still dangerous rivals.

Surely we could stretch the finances to suit our needs and the situation, given Sanchez would pretty much secure at least one trophy and probably another as well as weakening Arse by leaving and ensuring the bastards at Trafford stay as far below us as possible.

John Cross at the Mirror is close to Arsenal isn't he? I noticed that he tweeted yesterday "that someone close to the action said it's all about money for Sanchez...I guess we are about to find out"

I don’t want to go off topic because it’s the Sánchez thread but I meant before Pep put the ‘more experienced player’ in his place last season. His attitude before that was disgusting and clearly had a negative affect on the team spirit and togetherness, the squad unity wasn’t there as players were getting picked on reputation/big names rather than merit.
Care to explain the above with facts
Anyway back to Sánchez, you’re right he does tick a lot of boxes and I’d love him here don’t get me wrong but if he goes elsewhere he’s not good enough individually to make up for our team play and a good team will always beat good individuals.
It's never black or white when analyzing good individuals vs good teams though. I wouldn't back a Crystal Palace to finish ahead of United no matter the level of team spirit they exhude for the simple reason that United have got more quality in their ranks.
the bolded

You have to be flexible too though, depending on the situation. It's not often that a world class player is available for a relatively low fee and has a straight choice between us and our most hated, and still dangerous rivals.

Surely we could stretch the finances to suit our needs and the situation, given Sanchez would pretty much secure at least one trophy and probably another as well as weakening Arse by leaving and ensuring the bastards at Trafford stay as far below us as possible.

Agree to a large extent, depending on what’s being stretched here. If we are simply moving the offer up from the reported £20m opening bid, no problem. However, if his wage demands, or his agent’s fee demands, have got silly, there are wider and longer term implications to think about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.