Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think it's gone. MUEN already reporting that both pep and club have come to terms not getting Sanchez as the right option and that the board fully supports pep with the money to buy a quality attacker this summer.

Better option to me personally. We dont know what the future holds for Sanchez's fitness but sooner or later he will lose his pace and turns.
He's 29 not fuckin 49!

I was disappointed to have missed out on Sanchez, however if Sam is right with the reasons behind it then I am glad we were not held to ransom by the player/agent. We are in a great position currently, this can hopefully give Brahim and Foden some more playing time till the end of the season. I think a LB/CB/DM, (with delph out) is more of a priority now. Still 2 weeks to go, hopefully get a couple of new players in.

I was disappointed to have missed out on Sanchez, however if Sam is right with the reasons behind it then I am glad we were not held to ransom by the player/agent. We are in a great position currently, this can hopefully give Brahim and Foden some more playing time till the end of the season. I think a LB/CB/DM, (with delph out) is more of a priority now. Still 2 weeks to go, hopefully get a couple of new players in.
I totally support the club on this. How desperate are United to be shafted like this on a 30 year old with months left on his contract. Never ever let a rag talk about money and City in the same breath.

Desperate desperate stuff

A player we were prepared to make our record signing 5 months ago the rags are getting fer 20m less...absolutely fuckin mind boggling to me that. Somebody explain to me who we can get for the money they're paying for a player of that proven quality and I'll understand what the fuck we're playing at.
Just about any player in the world is cheaper than £30m per season (wages plus amortisation). KDB is half the cost.

For those who wonder why the deal puts us off. You could probably simplify it by saying "the same amount of eggs in each basket". Sanchez would put to many in eggs in one 29yo basket. A 26yo basket then yeah we would have done whatever it takes. That is what i think the clubs opinion is anyway.

If he goes to utd then i will be interested to see how he fits in with Mourinho's ego. Mourinho will welcome an effective direct big game player fixing one of their wings and scoring though. It largely feels like a commercial side minded idea to. They need some sort of boost to their collective pride and what better quick fix than a ready made marketing dream. They know he will give the brand a good kick up the arse no matter what. Utd likely feel the large fees for agents etc is simply more than worth it to the brand value when all is said and done.

It could be Mourinho specifically wants him but i would question some of that reasoning to. Namely that of really pissing Wenger off being at least a bit of it. If it is mainly a Mourinho signing then that does not say much for Rashford's future or Martial's either way. Neither are exactly first name on the team sheet as it is. With both of them likely on decent wages.

Play Bernardo or Diaz as a false 9, or play Nmecha in some games. This isn't as bad as people make it sound, Sanchez would have only been useful in regards to the Champions League, But if Sane has to play those games, which is only like 6 or 7 games max, it is really easy to play one or two youth players in the league, because we have that wrapped up anyways.

Basically, it's not a problem, buy a DM for Dinho down the line (Fred I guess) and that's it. We don't even need a LB, you don't buy because of injuries, everyone being fit we would have Mendy, Delph, Danilo and Zinchenko (sort of) at LB. The injury to Delph means Danilo will play more (and Zinchenko) and he does fine there.

If we desperately need another forward, then Dybala would be the best suited player for Pep.

Play Bernardo or Diaz as a false 9, or play Nmecha in some games. This isn't as bad as people make it sound, Sanchez would have only been useful in regards to the Champions League, But if Sane has to play those games, which is only like 6 or 7 games max, it is really easy to play one or two youth players in the league, because we have that wrapped up anyways.

Basically, it's not a problem, buy a DM for Dinho down the line (Fred I guess) and that's it. We don't even need a LB, you don't buy because of injuries, everyone being fit we would have Mendy, Delph, Danilo and Zinchenko (sort of) at LB. The injury to Delph means Danilo will play more (and Zinchenko) and he does fine there.

If we desperately need another forward, then Dybala would be the best suited player for Pep.
Drop the mic and walk my friend well said!

Shit losing him to them, wouldn't have been too arsed had we beat those fckers today, not that they're related but that already put me in a bad mood lol.

Also I think of the times they've signed big names in the past few years and how I've been slightly worried about them turning back to challenging for the title. Di Maria, Falcao, Pogba, Miki, Lukaku. They seem to have a habit of making very good players look shit lol hopefully the same happens with Sanchez!

Shit losing him to them, wouldn't have been too arsed had we beat those fckers today, not that they're related but that already put me in a bad mood lol.

Also I think of the times they've signed big names in the past few years and how I've been slightly worried about them turning back to challenging for the title. Di Maria, Falcao, Pogba, Miki, Lukaku. They seem to have a habit of making very good players look shit lol hopefully the same happens with Sanchez!

Amen to that !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.