Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Always had the view if we had gone in with 30m on Jan 1, then Sánchez would be playing for us on 275k a week.
However the sheer scale of this deal suggests the agent would have brought others into the equation.

Yeah, I think if we had everything agreed with Sanchez and Arsenal before the window reopened in January then he’d be our player so you could argue that there’s been a bit of a cock up there, but to balance that out I’m guessing Sanchez and his agent gave their word as gospel and the club were duped into thinking it was a formality once an agreement was reached with Arsenal on the fee. I was always a bit worried after it didn’t go through in the summer that other clubs might come and chance their arm this month and perhaps offer him a bit more than we were but I never in a million years thought we’d see the kind of figures that United are rumoured to have offered him. I bet Sanchez and his agent can’t believe their luck either. No way we could pay him that and not expect it to disrupt the harmony in the squad and that is arguably the most important thing in all this which is a point that Neville has completely missed.

I agree mate....20/20 hindsight is a wonderful thing I guess. Time to move on from this one and look forward to the rest of the season!;)

Can’t believe this was all the agent. This has Maureen’s bitter prints all over it. It’s a vengeance signing for all the wrong reasons.

According to the slimeball agent he approached them. this weeks ago.

Several of you are continually pushing this idea of the club farting around & yet nothing points toward that being the case.

If you want to have a go at them for a mistake they have made then that's a matter of opinion.

If people keep peddling shit without any evidence to back it up, and I read it I'm likely to call it out.

You only have your opinion as well mate, unless you were in the room so about time to start understanding that not everyone has to agree with your view! After all, we all want the club to be a success....you now looking for the negative in peoples comments and thats not just "call it out" thats WUM....For the first time in all this I confessed to seeing why the club was right and why they took this view but you bindly went for the negative to cause an argument....strange!

From my experience most footballers get paid gross and it’s up to them to pay the tax. They are then free to employ a company secretary (wife, Mum, dad etc), have property portfolios which they can renovate, company car etc all to offset tax. Unless there’s been a big clampdown this has always been the case.

Wes Brown owns a company which is classed as a ‘farm’ which get all sorts of tax benefits

Sorry you don't understand at all. Tax planning has been my lifetime work. There is so much wrong with your comments but I can't give you a tax lesson it would take all year. Footballers are on PAYE. End.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.