Danilo - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
The dead leg game?

Doesn't really matter does it? You said give us an example of a game when he has really cost us, well he really cost in the second leg against shaktar. We have only lost two games this season and one of those was largely down to Danilo.

I quite like the guy but if its a toss up between him and Maffeo I'd prefer Pablo.

Danilo is playing on the same level he was showing at Madrid for 2 years - which is, frankly, an average one. He wasn't worth the money paid IMO. But Maffeo isn't really better right now, he wouldn't make City squad any stronger. What's the point of replacing Danilo with PM, losing money? The only reason could be Maffeo's potential, but it's up to scouting/coaching staff to assess it.
I didn't see Danilo at Real but for me he has just been wildly inconsistent for us. He seems to either be really impressive or absolutely terrible. It doesn't seem to matter which side of the pitch he plays on or who the opposition are, it just seems to be toss of a coin stuff as to whether he has a great game or looks all over the place. He's not had a good run of matches though and it is his first season in a difficult league to adjust to. I feel like I've seen enough glimpses of a decent player to think he's worth persevering with for another year but then I think Maffeo looks excellent and if we don't give him his chances next season then I reckon he will leave which would be a terrible shame. I think the club have a genuinely tough decision to make.

l but for me he has just been wildly inconsistent for us.
I sometimes think that as fans we underestimate the effect of not playing regularly, back up players are rarely as consistent as the starters because their appearances are sporadic and they don't get the feel of where their team mates are most of the time , it is partly the nature of not playing regularly.

Danilo is playing on the same level he was showing at Madrid for 2 years - which is, frankly, an average one. He wasn't worth the money paid IMO. But Maffeo isn't really better right now, he wouldn't make City squad any stronger. What's the point of replacing Danilo with PM, losing money? The only reason could be Maffeo's potential, but it's up to scouting/coaching staff to assess it.

The worst players know they're the worst players. To top it off they get put in shitty situations (IE thrown out of position in random games, out of position FOR THE ENTIRE YEAR LB LB LB ).

Leave Dani alone :P

I sometimes think that as fans we underestimate the effect of not playing regularly, back up players are rarely as consistent as the starters because their appearances are sporadic and they don't get the feel of where their team mates are most of the time , it is partly the nature of not playing regularly.
Totally agree. As I said, he hasn't had a run of games and he is new to a league that is notoriously difficult to get used to which must be exacerbated by not getting that run of games. Same for Bernardo, was the same for Sane last season and possibly even Gundogan is still suffering due to that combination of not getting enough games and trying to adjust to English football.

Totally agree. As I said, he hasn't had a run of games and he is new to a league that is notoriously difficult to get used to which must be exacerbated by not getting that run of games. Same for Bernardo, was the same for Sane last season and possibly even Gundogan is still suffering due to that combination of not getting enough games and trying to adjust to English football.
Dani was the same at Madrid mate, initially bought to be their first-choice RB. Ask any Madrid fan, this inconsistency isn't anything new. They were happy to get rid.

Probably the only disappointing summer signing , the fact he came from Real Madrid and Brazilian had me thinking he was a similar level to Alves , but having watch Maffeo at Girona a few times and he looks a better player , not writing Danilo off yet and he could be better suited to the more technical champs league games. He reminds me of Nolito obviously different positionally but both looked skillful and capable players at times , but just dont have the consistency for the premier league , would be very happy if Danilo proves me wrong though.

His best performance to date was when he played centre back against Liverpool at home in a back 3 IIRC. Since then he's looked decidedly dodgy.

I'm a tad hesitant in being critical of Danilo. Playing so irregularly and inconsistently can make life difficult, especially for a new signing getting acclimatised to both playing the Guardiola way and PL football in general.

We've seen what a difference two or three games on the bounce did for Mangala. He's looked dodgy when he's played the odd game but for the most part looked somewhat and significantly better when he got a run in with Otamendi.

If like Mangala though, Danilo plays a few on the bounce and is still performing below what's required then I'd call him more into question.

But right now I'm satisfied, he's not been anywhere near as bad as some have made out despite not shining too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.