Burnley (A) Post Match Thread

They deserved their point. Their directness is what we lack. We were clean away from their press, past 4 or 5 if their team and deep into their half, yet we can’t make anything of it, and 10 seconds later,we are back in our half with them all set and back in formation. Many times we were through and can’t make the most of it or just totally fcuk it up. It amazes me how they do it as professionals. We were wasteful in front of goal YET AGAIN!!!! No one to blame but ourselves for poor pass choices and rubbish finishing. Gundy, Kun and Sterling were really poor today, their final decisions in front of goal are poor.
Razza missing from 1 yard out is inexcusable.

In my humble opinion, one of the main causes is a left footer on the right, and a right footer on the left. They have to stop, and bring it inside, or attack touch and try to hit on their weaker foot. Not sure why Pep persists with this, I thought the same against the Baggies.

Disappointed that we didnt win but realistically it is another point closer to the title and that is the end game.

I am happier that Sterling and Walker both had their brain fart moment in a league game when we were 15 points clear than in a one off cup game.

also if we end up winning the title at home to the rags then every point dropped to make it possible would be worth it.

Pep confirms that after his illness, John Stones hurt his knee but will be back for the next game.

Pep says the players will now have three days off before the next game against Leicester on February 10th.

Pep: "The way we played was outstanding, almost perfect. In the build up, defending, long balls, second balls. We just missed the chances to score more goals."

Pep: "We played so good, we missed the last moment in trying to score the second goal. And playing away in the Premier League in the last 10 minutes, anything can happen. But I'm so happy for the performance."

We've lost 1 league game this season.

Just reminding people.

According to the totally unbiased Sky as we walked out today we were under pressure after LOSING the last two away games.

Had no idea Crystal Palace had retaken that penalty when the ground was closed and secretly won.

Completely agree. Strange how some posters don't like points being made about games in isolation without having to drag the whole season into it. We played well, should have won. We didn't because we were poor at finishing and didn't react to a lofted ball after having to put up with 10 minutes of it.

I have no issue with anyone making their points known post match although i find it far easier to take those points seriously when they are given every week and not just when we have not won.

In my humble opinion, one of the main causes is a left footer on the right, and a right footer on the left. They have to stop, and bring it inside, or attack touch and try to hit on their weaker foot. Not sure why Pep persists with this, I thought the same against the Baggies.

Bernardo likes to hit that diagonal cross in from the right & also shoot from there.

Kompany: "We created so many chances, but we probably ran out of steam a little bit because we kept trying and trying. And in the end we got punished for this. We don't need to feel too sad about this because our performance was good."

Kompany: "Raheem has been incredible for us. He has scored more last minute goals than anyone in this league. But today it didn't quite happen."

If Burnley were great and deserved a draw, I would be fine with a point

Then you should be fine, Burnley were great at the other side of the game, defending.
They didn`t clog us, but stuck to their game plan and with a bit of good fortune in that we were a little shaky in front of goal, got a point, hopefully this will enforce Pep`s message that it aint won yet with a couple of players who just lost concentration in the second half and got sloppy.

They deserved their point. Their directness is what we lack. We were clean away from their press, past 4 or 5 if their team and deep into their half, yet we can’t make anything of it, and 10 seconds later,we are back in our half with them all set and back in formation. Many times we were through and can’t make the most of it or just totally fcuk it up. It amazes me how they do it as professionals. We were wasteful in front of goal YET AGAIN!!!! No one to blame but ourselves for poor pass choices and rubbish finishing. Gundy, Kun and Sterling were really poor today, their final decisions in front of goal are poor.
Razza missing from 1 yard out is inexcusable.

Yeah, let's just launch the fucker long. Our pretty football is obviously not working. POMO is the way forward.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.