Manchester in the 1960s

Anyone know where this is?

You should do blues...

webmedia.php

This is fascinating to watch, as someone who has driven up & down the A6 more times than i care to remember over the years, the thing that sticks out is how there in no pot holes, incredible!

Also really frustrating, i'm not old enough to remember Grand Central in Stockport before the cinema, baths, bowling ally (now gone), squares etc..., so when the car got into Stockport was looking to seeing what was there, but no it cuts to past it & turning left at the town hall pass where the Crucible is now!

I grew up in Gorton in the 1950's and 60's.........great times..

Some memories....

Catching the 53 bus to Maine road to watch Derek Kevan and Jimmy Murray, the dream team.

Once near Belle Vue the bus pulled up at a stop, it was nearly full and there were about 20 blues at the bus stop with scarves all waiting to get on. This woman pushed her way to the front with a large bust and low cut top, flashing at the bus driver..

The driver said "Fuck off and put those away, I 've got to get these lads to the match"........lol!

How about?

The way inn boutique at Kendals

Smokies in Ashton

The Moon club in Dukinfield

Cookes sport shop and Rare Records on john Dalton Street

Robinsons Records at the bottom of Market Street and Stevenson Square.

Beatties Model shop

Cowans cycles Gorton

Paperchase and the underground market.

"Can I mind your car mister?" at Maine Road.....(With firebomb in hand)

210 Trolly Bus to Gee Cross

SHMD buses in green with LEATHER seats

This is fascinating to watch, as someone who has driven up & down the A6 more times than i care to remember over the years, the thing that sticks out is how there in no pot holes, incredible!

Also really frustrating, i'm not old enough to remember Grand Central in Stockport before the cinema, baths, bowling ally (now gone), squares etc..., so when the car got into Stockport was looking to seeing what was there, but no it cuts to past it & turning left at the town hall pass where the Crucible is now!

Hope this link works ok, it answers your question re pre Grand Central, in case it's unclear to you the picture if taken now would feature McDonalds at the bottom of the approach. That high wall on the right hand side went all the way up the approach as far as where the ticket office is now, there was no way out up there like there is now, just a small turning circle and you went out the same way.

http://old.stockport.gov.uk/sia//?accessionno=28506&picResultsNo=0#picInfo

As far as the view from Wellington Rd goes, it was just rows of house/shops all the way up to Railway Road, nothing to see really. In fact here you go, http://old.stockport.gov.uk/sia//?accessionno=35375&picResultsNo=5#picInfo you can just about make out Greasy Joes chippy, always our first port of call on the way home from away games by rail.
For perspective the bottom end of the Infirmary is just showing on the left of the photo.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.